Hello Everyone! (1 Viewer)

UnicornFlash

Flush
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

This is my first post on the forum. Over the past few months I have started to become more and more interested in poker chips. I have never had a true poker set, so I am hoping this forum can be a great help and guide as I begin. I have my eye on eventually getting a cash-game set first and perhaps a tournament set down the road. I am not really sure where all of this will lead me--when I read about chippers on the forum talking about having 7 cash-game sets, I start to wonder what I might have gotten myself into...

Anyway, I just wanted to say hi. This forum has already helped me so much just from the wealth of knowledge available here, so I hope one day to be able to return the favor to someone else who is sitting in my shoes in the future. I am looking forward to the adventures that awaits!

Welcome!!!! You are in the right place for your chip set search!!! This forum has lots to offer in the classifieds, you should be able to find something to your liking fairly quickly!!! And dont mind all those posts about having 7 plus sets.... that just happens sometimes.... LOL

Happy chipping, Brie

Hello and welcome. I joined is forum for a few months and I am at 3 cash set and 2 tourney set and counting. And I don’t even play that much poker.

You have no idea what you have gotten yourself into...... ;) run before it is too late.
Yeah, at this point, it is probably too late. I am *hoping* that I can control myself, but I have no idea what will happen that first time I buy my first cash-game set and physically have the chips in my possession.

It is funny--my boss was a chip aficionado at one point. He has two or three sets of clay chips now, but he told me at one point he was really into them. He warned me too!

Cool! Do you host and if so how many players do you have?
I actually don't host yet, but that is the intention. I have several co-workers that seem to want to play, and I am hoping that this will help facilitate it. I posted a thread yesterday actually asking how to set up a successful home cash game (I don't know the rules here about crossthreading or I would link it here). I think I can get one set up just with co-workers and their significant others. I imagine it would probably end up being 6-10 players most nights. I also imagine it would end up being a once a month or every other month type of thing.

Yeah, at this point, it is probably too late. I am *hoping* that I can control myself, but I have no idea what will happen that first time I buy my first cash-game set and physically have the chips in my possession.

It is funny--my boss was a chip aficionado at one point. He has two or three sets of clay chips now, but he told me at one point he was really into them. He warned me too!

I actually don't host yet, but that is the intention. I have several co-workers that seem to want to play, and I am hoping that this will help facilitate it. I posted a thread yesterday actually asking how to set up a successful home cash game (I don't know the rules here about crossthreading or I would link it here). I think I can get one set up just with co-workers and their significant others. I imagine it would probably end up being 6-10 players most nights. I also imagine it would end up being a once a month or every other month type of thing.
You can post the thread link here yes

You can post the thread link here yes
Awesome. Thanks, toynoob. Here is the thread that I posted yesterday trying to get advice about setting up a successful home cash game:

https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/how-to-build-a-home-cash-game.47376/

I haven't gotten a reply yet in that. I will probably end up seeing if I can find some threads buried on the issue.

Here is one other thread that I posted as well that can give you the information about the blind structure and general chip denomination breakdown I am considering:

https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/cash-game-set-denomination-breakdown.47375/#post-883593

I got some really good advice on the denominations, but any and all advice you have on either would be appreciated.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Back
Top Bottom