Hello (again) from Missouri! (1 Viewer)

HebbNH

Two Pair
Reaction score
Well, hello again fellow chippers! I used to be on CT way back in the day (15+ years ago!) and was a very active poker playing during that period, but poker, chipping, etc. had gone by the wayside for a long while once my friends and I started getting married and having kids. Fortunately, our group decided in the last couple days to get our regular home games back up and running starting next week! So, of course that got me thinking about chips again, contemplating a new custom set, one thing led to another, and here I am!

Looking forward to digging through old threads and seeing some of the amazing sets that I'm sure have been put together in my extended absence, posting up some pics of my current sets, and maybe even bouncing ideas for a new set off of some of the brilliant chip minds here!

Welcome! Where in MO? I used to live in STL when I was going to school.

Hello! Same thing happened to me when I got married and had kids. Past 3 years I was active again and back to playing poker and collecting chips as well! What do you have on hand for sets already? Feel free to ask away if you want to get a rundown on how things have changed since then.

My first real poker chip set was the PNY set from the initial sale on ChipTalk!

Welcome back! Some things have changed for the better (this place) and some for the worse (chip prices), way worse.

Welcome back! Some things have changed for the better (this place) and some for the worse (chip prices), way worse.
Ehhh, I’m not going to complain about chip prices just yet. My jaw about hit the floor when I realized what my original Paulson Pharaohs small cash set of is probably worth now. Especially with $.25s being some of the hardest to come by it seems.

Ehhh, I’m not going to complain about chip prices just yet. My jaw about hit the floor when I realized what my original Paulson Pharaohs small cash set of is probably worth now. Especially with $.25s being some of the hardest to come by it seems.
Yeah, those are definitely the most sought after chips on that mold. I had a set of the CDIs that I sold when I found this place. Not a fan of the looks of the mold, but god damn are they nice to handle/shuffle

Quick teaser of my Shamrock Club small cash set that I had made in 2005 or 2006. Pretty basic by today’s standards but still holds up fairly well, IMO. I’ll post a proper pr0n thread once I get them all re-oiled. There’s a tournament set too!

67000A6A-5907-49ED-A99B-C6AB585D9980.jpeg
C25B6456-ACAD-454C-ABA3-955A74F3D260.jpeg

Re-oil in progress! 10 years in storage = dull, dusty chips!
5CCD8CB1-BACD-4EB2-B081-2EA26A246415.jpeg
Thats more like it!
26592C18-99A5-4002-86FF-394559B502CC.jpeg

Solid tournament set time!

2E4CB4FA-0B67-4CA5-AE1D-134ECFCB489D.jpeg

1889A7DA-1B2C-44C1-866B-C17BAFB109FA.jpeg
E0CF2FE5-D300-4B6D-B490-11B04CAE6D66.jpeg

What’s this? A wild BCC Cali colors cash set appeared!

image.jpg

And after oiling:

8481918B-63DA-4430-89BA-8764DABB507D.jpeg

Not an enormous improvement, but an improvement nonetheless.

0EC0EDB4-B689-4437-94A7-EC8A9F53DCB9.jpeg

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Back
Top Bottom