Hector Saxe set (1 Viewer)

jamiecat

Reaction score
Hey guys. Recently acquired this set but can't find any details online. Hoping someone can give me an estimate of value, age, authenticity, etc. Or just point me in the right direction.
Thanks

20200210_225715.jpg
20200210_225748.jpg
20200210_225803.jpg

First of all, hello and welcome!

Lots of similar sets like these on eBay that are all plaques with just hot stamp denominations. Most claim to be Italian made. That's about all I know about them.

I love people that random buy things online, then quickly creates an account here asking for a price estimation and authenticity verification :)

Hector Saxe is a French craftsman that creates cases and boxes with rare materials, precious wood and leather. He is in the game scene since 1978.
He only create fancy boxes but the content of those boxes are just mass production.
In your case the jetons are made by Dal Negro
For newest poker boxes, the chips are mass production made-in-china chips.

Dal Negro created jetons in the '90s, so your Hector Saxe set may be arrount that era.
The company still exists and the jeton boxes are being sold on between $20 and $40 on the 2nd hand market.
In short, the only valuable thing that you got there is the box.

Looks like an authentic bird's eye maple box (probably worth $40+, maybe $100+ if you find the right buyer and are patient). The jetons are fairly common though, and probably aren't worth much. Maybe another $40+?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom