Heads up with clueless spouses / partners / friends (1 Viewer)

Coyote

4 of a Kind
Supporter
Reaction score
Clearly a lockdown-era thread.
You try to teach a supposedly beloved person.:D
A tournament is already bad, luck-dominated poker.
I came up with the idea of cash, 100bb stacks, with a single blind (1), so pretty deep.

Other than easily folding to the beloved person's strong hands (too obvious), it's also impossible to get paid on your strong hands.
When trying to steal, you 're shown higher cards / stonger hands which had been checked all the way to that moment. ["Why on Earth didn't you bet earlier your made straight sweetie?" -"I didn't want you to know"]:LOL: :laugh:
Most of the time the hands are checked down to death, so it ends up not being poker, but rather a boring kind of lottery.

Could it become any better?

Thank God for the cheap Chinese shuffler :D
Heads UP.jpg
Heads UP2.jpg

I tried to play poker with my significant others. That does not end well in any configuration. Few of my friends try to tag along gfs and make them play but that was frustrating as hell.
Funny.. We had really hot female player that tried to introduce his boyfriend to poker. End up breaking with that asshole.

I tried to play poker with my significant others. That does not end well in any configuration. Few of my friends try to tag along gfs and make them play but that was frustrating as hell.
Funny.. We had really hot female player that tried to introduce his boyfriend to poker. End up breaking with that asshole.
Poker, indeed, is a violent game of threat and deception, which can bring up all hell and shit in the relationship between two people. :)

I'm glad my wife doesn't want to play poker. She's smarter than me, very intuitive, and can read me easily.

Played a heads-up tournament with my wife. She ran really well, boated up 3 times. She was ahead until 1 huge hand where I caught her in a bluff. It was a tournament designed to last like 3.5 hours. We played it over 2 nights. Great fun and I look forward to the next one!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom