Heads up on my upcoming absence (1 Viewer)

timinater

Flush
Site Vendor
Reaction score
I might drop off the face of the earth for about a week or so in the coming days/weeks. I'm going to try to get all pending design jobs completed before then, but just want everyone who is patiently waiting in my design queue to know there could be delays.

My wife and I are expecting our second child in mid-November but due to some circumstances outside of our control we could be in emergency c-section territory here any day now. Everything is fine, except the dang baby is laying the wrong way (transverse) and they want to do an external rotation to try and move it to be in a proper head down position. It's a low risk procedure however there is a 40% chance it could trigger labour and subsequently an emergency c-section. We could get a call any day now to go in for the procedure.

TL;DR: This is all to say if I do disappear, don't panic and I will be back soon likely with good news :)

My money is on this baby coming sooner rather than later, if how I've been running on my 80/20 type all-in situations in the last couple weeks is any indication. ;)

-Tim

Last edited:
So we're gambling on babies now? True Scrub Donkey Degeneration.

GLWB!

Thanks!

During a Grey Cup (Canadian Super Bowl) party we did actually have a prop bet on how many diaper changes my first would need. She nailed the under - I was a very proud papa/degenerate!

Best wishes to you and your family, Tim! Looking forward to the good news!

Best of luck with the transition and the delivery. I'll take the under.

Good luck! Hope it goes smoothly and things settle down for the last couple of week. Hope the new arrival is a good sleeper for you.

Best wishes man! Wish your wife and growing family great health and a smooth delivery (however it will be)

Cheers

Best wishes mate, to you and your wife. Both my kids are born with an emergancy c-section, the kind were they decide to go with that and about 30 miniutes later it's done. So just wanted to say you have nothing to worry about, it will turn out just fine.

Cheers!

Dibs on the chips you will be selling.

Hope it all goes well and everyone ends up healthy!

My little guy was 6 weeks early. I don't think I was ever more scared when I got the text from my wife while I was at work saying that they were inducing her into labor.

Life comes first. I know I PM'ed you a few days ago and that I'm in the queue. No rush at all! Good luck with everything. Fingers crossed for a happy and healthy baby and wife!

Thanks everyone for the well wishes. It did NOT go smoothly but everyone is happy and healthy after an emergency c-section on Friday morning.

This sceptical little girl is named Hollis :)

Attachments

• 439124F0-3A91-4384-B23D-694AA4CD9B87.jpeg
    439124F0-3A91-4384-B23D-694AA4CD9B87.jpeg
    118.6 KB · Views: 77
Happy to hear mom and baby are happy and healthy. Congratulations to you and your family!

Welcome to the world, baby Hollis! Congrats to you and your family, Tim! Glad to hear everyone is doing well.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Back
Top Bottom