Heads Up / Board Game Table (1 Viewer)

Irish

Straight Flush
Supporter
Reaction score
My two boys are at the age now where they play tons and tons of board and simple card games with my wife & I, but we really didn't have a great place for all four of us to play together comfortably. The kitchen table we have is rectangular (for 6 people), so someone is always having trouble seeing or reaching a piece, and my back/knees scream for the heavens when we play on the floor or coffee table - so, I set out to build a small, 2-4 person game table for our den. I had a bunch of scrap plywood, oak hardwood, padding/upholstery scraps and a spare pedestal from previous projects, so I was able to put this together for no cost out of pocket.

The top is a 32"x32" square with jumbo cup holders at each corner and 4" padded rails on each side. Two sides also have small drawers that pull out of the skirting, just big enough to hold a few setups of cards (or a rack of chips... ;) )

Some pics:

And my two goons, waiting to play, lol...

Sweet looking table. any idea how many hours you put in it?

I worked on this in dribs and drabs over the course of about a month, I'd guess I probably have ~12 hours into the project altogether. This was the first project I've had in a while where I didn't have a deadline or really need to finish quickly, so I took my time.

Love it. My girls are about the same age and I'm trying to bridge the gap between NLHM and Milton Bradley. This table is perfect.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom