HBO Now (1 Viewer)

nitzilla

Full House
Reaction score
Anyone else join HBO Now? :)
I signed up on the first day (7th), there was a hiccup though....I used an @ in my password (it stated letters, numbers and/or symbols were allowed), but apparently it actually messed up the registration.
I resolved it yesterday by running through the registration a 2nd time and took the @ out and I was then able to log in.

I now have 10+ years of shows to catch up on...........The Wire, Sopranos, Curb Your Enthusiasm, Eastbound and Down, Veep, Last Week Tonight with John Oliver, etc etc etc....
AND I can stay on top of Game of Thrones, I'm up to date, just waiting for S5 to start!

We cut cable 2 years ago (almost to the day actually), saved over $2000 so far, I set up a Mac Mini to our LED TV and we use Netflix, Hulu Plus, HBO Now and Plex Media server for all of our watching. Also have Over-the-air HD antennas on all of our TVs for local channels.

I would LOVE to drop Comcast altogether, but they're the only game in town unfortunately.... :( :mad:

Anyway, so far so good :)

nitzilla

I have 5 TVs in my house, only 2 hooked up to cable boxes, I have cut my payment down to $101 per month, which I think is reasonable. I have a package with 30/30 FiOS internet and DVR on both TVs.

The additional TVs in the house have either a Smart TV, Roku, or Google Chromecast setup for content as well as 2 of the 5 TVs having HD Antennas for basic HD cable.

It may have cost a bunch to set them all up, but it surely beats paying $200 per month in cable costs

Showbox, raspberry PI

With this, I download, or stream to my tv via my android. I use Showbox, popcorntime, and HDcinema

Start with The Wire. One of the GOAT shows IMO. Even better than the Sopranos, but not by much.

I have 5 TVs in my house, only 2 hooked up to cable boxes, I have cut my payment down to $101 per month, which I think is reasonable. I have a package with 30/30 FiOS internet and DVR on both TVs.

The additional TVs in the house have either a Smart TV, Roku, or Google Chromecast setup for content as well as 2 of the 5 TVs having HD Antennas for basic HD cable.

It may have cost a bunch to set them all up, but it surely beats paying $200 per month in cable costs

Sounds like you have it figured out already. ;) I went a little "overkill" with the Mac Mini, but I wanted the flexibility of having a full web browser experience instead of being stuck behind a roku or Apple TV.

Our setup is:
Main LED TV with Mac Mini, OTA HD Ant. and Blu ray player
Basement LCD TV with PS3
Bedroom LCD TV with Roku 3, OTA HD Ant. and Blu Ray player
Bedroom LCD TV with Roku 2, OTA HD Ant. and DVD player

Biggest savings for cable is buying your own modem and router so you aren't paying the ISP for "rental charges" on their old, out-dated equipment.....if you haven't replaced your Comcast modem in 5 years, they won't offer a newer model for you and you're missing things like DOCSIS 3.0 etc.....and if you haven't rebooted your modem lately, you might double your speeds, Comcast just went from 54Mbps to 100Mbps if you reboot, although by now it should have been pushed out.....

Our bill went from $148/month to $59.99 for 1 year, then to $74.95 for ~6 months and they added $4 in the past 3-4 months just because they're @$$holes.......... :mad:

My biggest dream is for either Google or Verizon FiOS to come here or get a community based ISP going.......my co-worker lives in a town that just got community driven Gigabit for ~$39/month.........

nitzilla

Yes I bought my modem outright, our first bill was high that included the purchase of the modem and installation fees. But $101 a month, I'm very happy with it.

We are on 1 year of dish network/cable free. Antenna gets 18 channels, Roku on all 4 tv's, Netflix and plex media.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom