Having fun with wrong phone numbers (1 Viewer)

grandgnu

A new beginning
Reaction score
At our new office in Tampa, our phone # is one digit away from a Lowes store, so we get their calls all the time.
What I've started doing is asking people what department they want, then I say I'll transfer them. Then I "transfer" them to every department but the one they asked for, and I keep using different names and voices as I do it.

Just had a guy call looking for Receiving so I "transferred" him to John in Hardware, then Mike in Lumber, then Ethel in Layaway.
So far the record is someone being "transferred" five times.

I used to be one digit off from a pizza place in town. Sometimes I would take their orders and then call it in just slightly wrong.

Them: I'd like a large pepperoni/mushroom pizza

What they'd get:large pepperoni with half mushrooms half onions.

Sometimes I'd call it in correctly.

Sometimes I wouldn't call it in at all.

Sometimes I'd tell them they had the wrong number.

This was 28 years ago. I was more mischievous then.

Best wrong number movie scene. Danny Devito telling the caller that "Debbie" couldn't come to the phone because his junk was in her mouth! Too funny.

When I lived in Philly the last 4 digits of the number that I had was the same. A cab company had the same last 4 digits too.

I had a lot of fun with people calling for cabs.

I am 1 number off of Farm Bureau insurance. I've often been tempted to tell them "Your policy doesn't cover that", but within the first few seconds I realize that they are old. Every time, old. They just call, give me whatever information they want to spew out (policy number, address, full name, social security number). I just feel sorry for them, because they may have been bright individuals at one time, and now they are just charging headlong into a scam. I plan to give up my land-line someday, but that will put this number into the hands of someone else that may have a more corrupt moral compass.

And I may become the old person.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom