Have you ever returned beer? (1 Viewer)

Tommy

Royal Flush
Admin
Supporter
Reaction score
I bought a cold case of Heineken cans the other day. Drank one and it didn't taste right. I though maybe it wasn't cold enough. The next night I was going to have a few beers, cracked open another and the same. The wife thought I was nuts so she tasted it. She says it doesn't taste right either. LOL

I called the store and told them the beer taste really bad. They took 22 cans back and gave me a case in bottles for the same price. I think the case was sitting in the heat for a while or it was cold then got hot and cold again.

Warming to room temp and then re-chilling should not "turn" beer, especially not a mass produced beer like Heinie. What is more likely is that somewhere along the way the interior of the cans were either not sterilized properly, or not rinsed properly after sterilization. Another possibility is a poor seal on the lids. If the had the usual his when you cracked the seal then that explanation is out.

Probably that then. He moves stock fast there so I doubt that it was that old. $19.99 for case is cheap for Heineken. Everyone else charges $24-$25.

I don't know that I've ever tasted a Heineken that didn't taste funny.

Ha...That's all I drink now. Use to drink Molsen Ice.

I don't know that I've ever tasted a Heineken that didn't taste funny.

I have to agree with this, as well as any skunky beer. While its not bad, always has a different taste too it.

I'm typically a micro drinker. Get a 6-barrel keg for the kegerater every 6 to 8 weeks. That saying, I do like a good Heineken, Labatts, Molson, Moosehead type of beer.

I run a bar in a mining camp. I've had to return a full pallet of beer once because it was a bad batch. The brewery in question never had a recall for the bad batch but were aware when I rang them about it. It seems they may of wanted to just see what got sold and what was returned to lower the costs of replacing. It may be the same case in your situation

this could be the reason? ....
A9HJ

I did once return beer that I bought at giants stadium onto the parking lot blacktop outside giants stadium. Not sure if that qualifies. I definitely did not get a refund or store credit.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom