Have you ever lost without realizing you won? (1 Viewer)

nevr2late

Sitting Out
Reaction score
The other day I saw this on tV where the viewers and the announcers see all the players cards right from the beginning. Well, the guy who won the hand in the end did not realize he had made a straight and he laid his cards down face down to not show his opponent what he had. He did not realize he had won and nobody else at the table did either...

So, I guess you never would know unless you show your cards and someone else happens to notice it and point it out to you. I am bad not realizing I have made a straight myself. The computer always tells me and I am surprised at least half the time. I need to work on that before I play more real games.

I was doing some training classes in Ft. Lauderdale FL and playing all night at the hard rock in Hollywood. Id get back to the hotel room a couple hours before the class to take a nap and then do it again the next day.

I was on day 3 of this schedule and crushing it. Up at least 3 or 4k from the previous 2 nights. I was playing a pretty big 2/5 game and It was getting near time to head back to the hotel.

I look down at A10 of spades and it ends up going like 5 way to a flop in a 3 bet pot. Flop comes all spades. I bet it hard the whole way and end up getting it all in on the river. Huge pot around 4 or 5k. Guy tanks forever on the river but finally puts in the call. I confidently say “ I have the nuts” and flip over my cards.

A of spades and 10 of clubs. Complete misread of my hand. I actually have ace high on the board. The guy that called me down turns over a set of kings and scoops the pot.

I go back to the hotel pissed and tired. The only time i ever remember misreading a hand like that in a big spot.

I was doing some training classes in Ft. Lauderdale FL and playing all night at the hard rock in Hollywood. Id get back to the hotel room a couple hours before the class to take a nap and then do it again the next day.

I was on day 3 of this schedule and crushing it. Up at least 3 or 4k from the previous 2 nights. I was playing a pretty big 2/5 game and It was getting near time to head back to the hotel.

I look down at A10 of spades and it ends up going like 5 way to a flop in a 3 bet pot. Flop comes all spades. I bet it hard the whole way and end up getting it all in on the river. Huge pot around 4 or 5k. Guy tanks forever on the river but finally puts in the call. I confidently say “ I have the nuts” and flip over my cards.

A of spades and 10 of clubs. Complete misread of my hand. I actually have ace high on the board. The guy that called me down turns over a set of kings and scoops the pot.

I go back to the hotel pissed and tired. The only time i ever remember misreading a hand like that in a big spot.
Oh wow. That is a tough one.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom