Have you ever experienced an earthquake? (1 Viewer)

Have you ever experienced an earthquake?

• Total voters
I've lived in the bay area (California) right on the San Andreas fault line for my entire life, but somehow managed to never feel a single earthquake until I moved to San Diego for college (I was born in '91 so I missed the '89 SF earthquake by a couple years LOL). One Easter there was a 7.2 in baja California that was close enough to rattle us pretty good, and it lasted a while too. It was scary as hell to me, I was sitting on the floor and it felt like rolling waves or something. I could see the walls swaying and doors were slamming and stuff. I felt a second one before I moved back home...still haven't really felt any here aside from being woken up one night and hearing the shower door shaking, later found out it was a small earthquake. That feeling when a quake first starts and you're not sure if the shaking is going to get worse or taper off is honestly terrifying. :(

Never thought I’d say yes to this living in NC but it actually happened this year, of course. Very small in my area, but felt it and I was briefly very confused so counts

Cruellly ironically, the two school kids in Samos island were killed half an hour after the quake, walking from school to home through a narrow street, when a very old stone building just collapsed on them out of the blue :rolleyes:

He said "it was perhaps the most frightening thing I've ever experienced". This from a decorated combat vet
Even in combat, it's somewhat rare being 100% helpless.
It's that helplessness which humiliates one's very existence.:(

In San Jose For business consult was bounced out of bed in the middle of the night. Scare the heck out of me. In a college class in the Midwest where these rarely happen. New Madrid fault earthquake. I’m sitting next to a support beam of a temporary building. Beam knocks me out of my desk chair. Asian teacher yells Earthquake and goes to stand in doorway. So twice I e been knocked on my ass.

We were in Seattle in 2001 for the "Nisqually" 6.8. I was looking at things in a kitchen store, and wondered why everyone else was running for the front door.

It felt to me just like being on a NYC local subway platform when an express comes rumbling through...except that it lasted over a minute.
Yup. That one hit late morning. I was sleeping in after working all night. It tossed me out of bed.

I didn’t read full and voted yes. I recall being out at lunch and feeling the shaking. Not sure if it was in 2011 or 2010.

Yes. I have experienced "fun" earthquakes growing up in SoCal. However, one time I was in the epicenter of a huge quake. That wasn't the half of my night though. I was a new dad and we were visiting friends in Northridge CA. My son was maybe a few months old and our friend's dog got inside, snatched him by his head and dragged him about 10 feet. He was bleeding with multiple "bite" marks and we took him to the ER. I say "bite" because I don't feel that the dog was trying to harm him. Anyway, he was fine. But it took many hours to figure that out. We got back to the house about 3am. We were exhausted from all the stress and tried to go to sleep. Then, at about 4:30am mother nature told us that we were not done yet. The 6.7 quake threw both of us from our bed and the house we were staying in off its foundation. They say it was only 20 seconds, but I assure you it felt like an eternity. Plus all the aftershocks. It was the most violent quake I have ever experienced. I had never been so scared in all of my life including the 25 years since. The epicenter is NOT where you want to be my friends.

Man you guys need to experience @FordPickup92 burps when she's drinking!! Just ask @Lil Tuna or @Seeking Alpha Social Club... that 5.5 we had in Maryland was nothing @Highli99!

Not even going to get into the day after deer chili! I have structural cracks all over the house!
20201107_104153.jpg

20201107_104205.jpg

Now it is some damn good chili! But if you let her drink beer with that chilli... I'm not even sure this county would still be on the map...

Sorry Guys I had to! Love ya beautiful!!

Man you guys need to experience @FordPickup92 burps when she's drinking!! Just ask @Lil Tuna or @Seeking Alpha Social Club... that 5.5 we had in Maryland was nothing @Highli99!

Not even going to get into the day after deer chili! I have structural cracks all over the house!
View attachment 569654
View attachment 569655
Now it is some damn good chili! But if you let her drink beer with that chilli... I'm not even sure this county would still be on the map...

Sorry Guys I had to! Love ya beautiful!!
1604764862447.gif

I do recall a time or two. :tdown: :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom