have the sickness again (1 Viewer)

chip_me_up5

Sitting Out
Reaction score
With this extra time on my hands I'm getting engaged with a hobby of mine from the past which is poker. Just thought I say hi as I spent too much time on here the past few days. I'm near Philadelphia on the New Jersey side of the bridge in the Cherry Hill area and once things return to be normal it would be cool to find a home game around.

I went through a spurt a 6-7 years ago where I purchased a couple sets of chips which were ceramics for cash and china clay for tournaments and eventually I sold them both off. I have a few samples on the way that should be arriving sometime in the future so we'll see how that goes.

Welcome to PCF. As @FordPickup92 mentioned, you have two great hosting members very near to you in @MegaTon44 and @Irish.
There are several other members located in your area as well, just not sure how often they host. One of my regulars and long time poker friends (Barry) is from Cherry Hill, he and I make the trip up to Borgata a couple times a year for the Opens.
Best wishes and maybe we’ll see you on the felt eventually.

thank you all for the welcome and look forward to learning from and talking to all you seasoned poker chip masters

alright boys, after many nights & days mulling over options I finally pulled the trigger last night. After getting samples of Monaco's, Atlantic Club, Pharaohs, Tropic Island, Valentino High Roller, Tropic Oasis, and a variety ceramic sample set at ABC. You would think that I went with one of these options........wrong.

Soooooo... what did you get?

glad that you asked :).....went with 300 Ravenor Classics without ever trying samples - https://www.apollonchips.com/chipseries/the-ravenor-classic.html

by the looks & reviews they check a majority of the boxes for me and offer a good value, in theroy of course. Other options I was considering were Nevada Jack Saloons, Atlantic Clubs, piecing together a mixed Paulson set.

Set has $1,225 total bank not including non-denomination chip. I like the flexibility of the non denomination chip which can play as a .25c or .50c and also get creative like be a $10 or $20 If playing 1/1 or 1/2 (although I didn't purchase this set for those stakes).

Breakdown:

75 x Non denom pink chip to use as frac
100 x 1's
100 x 5
25 x 25's

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Back
Top Bottom