Has anyone put deeper cupholders in their Barrington table?

Beakertwang

Full House
Tourney Director
Reaction score
Since I'm resurfacing it anyway, I was thinking that a hole saw would do the trick.

Can it be done? Any issues or drawbacks?

jcooper911

High Hand
Reaction score
Make sure you let us know how the resurfacing goes and take loads of pictures! I did mine in depth before, would love to see how others do it better!

Forty4

Full House
Reaction score
I’m considering it. Was wondering if making a raised rail was worth the effort. Could effectively accomplish both with spacer lumber in between.

CraigT78

Full House
Reaction score
Just to be clear, I was asking about the one you built. Do you have a Barrington?
I borrow a couple when i have larger games, but I want to pick up a few of my own. The cup holders have been the deal breaker to this point.

softchewy

Full House
Reaction score
I resurfaced mine and thought about replacing the cupholders.
Only drawback I could see is the larger cupholders depth below the table possibly being hit by a knee, but probably not a real issue.
Otherwise should be pretty straight forward.
The current cupholders are fairly useless and are a spill waiting to happen

Beakertwang

Full House
Tourney Director
Reaction score
I resurfaced mine and thought about replacing the cupholders.
Only drawback I could see is the larger cupholders depth below the table possibly being hit by a knee, but probably not a real issue.
Otherwise should be pretty straight forward.
The current cupholders are fairly useless and are a spill waiting to happen
I suppose one would have to pull the cup holders in order to fold the table for storage, as well.

softchewy

Full House
Reaction score
I suppose one would have to pull the cup holders in order to fold the table for storage, as well.
yes, so if folding is needed for storage, they couldn't be attached permanently
If changing the cloth, you may want to consider replacing the foam as it is pretty crappy.
I only changed the cloth (is it was just over $20) and figured if I started doing any more upgrades, I would rather just build my own table.

edit: to add to that; time constraint is the reason I didn't build my own table ... needed a table quick for a game that came together and had no spare time to build one before it. Figured if I got a regular game going at my house, then I would build one and bring the Barrington to my apt for use there.

Last edited:

softchewy

Full House
Reaction score
This. Once you take the cost of the table and the upgrades, a self built table isn't all that much more. As long as one has the tools available
Defintely.. and I would recommend it if you have the time, tools and ability.
You can build a much nicer table for not much more. I just didn't have the spare time before a game I ended up hosting.
If I ever get even a semi regular game going, I will build one for sure.

Forty4

Full House
Reaction score
I have not attempted to build one yet. But I do like that it folds in half for storage. Out of curiosity what does it typically cost to build? I have a budget one all ready to go that aside from lumber I have spent under $100 on.

CraigT78

Full House
Reaction score
I have not attempted to build one yet. But I do like that it folds in half for storage. Out of curiosity what does it typically cost to build? I have a budget one all ready to go that aside from lumber I have spent under $100 on.
I built my two tables for just under $500 each. With that said, the custom felt and the upgraded legs were 1/2 of that cost. If you went with suited speed cloth and budget legs - probably ballpark of $260 to $300.

softchewy

Full House
Reaction score
Assuming you already have the tools, about the $300 range depending on what options you want..

Frogzilla

3 of a Kind
Reaction score
I resurfaced the rail sections with new vinyl and 65 lb foam, and just did away with cup holders. The wood base still has missing cup holder circles that I left, but you can’t really feel through foam and definitely can’t see. I use slide under cupholders, but don’t slide them under the rail. To date no spills.

38BF57C8-E04A-4F46-AF2C-AB5307816D5B.jpeg

Beakertwang

Full House
Tourney Director
Reaction score
Top Bottom