Has anyone put an LCD in the middle of their table? (1 Viewer)

My cat would love that!
Interestingly enough, the idea originated from a device I created for my dogs. Instead of buttons and a joystick to control it, I just programmed it to slowly move to random positions every few seconds. It kept the dogs busy for hours.

Screw it. I'm just handing everyone VR goggles and telling them they're on their own.

hqdefault.jpg

Ok here goes. Let me know if they don’t work.

Video 1
Video 2
Video 3

The thing is currently on the fritz (I think my kids played with it). It cycling through all the positions quickly. But you’ll get the idea.
Whoa that’s pretty crazy. That’s really interesting though- A lot of potential applications.

Thanks for sharing the videos!

Well if you can do make it do any sort of writing (not sure about this one), then you could post the dealer's choice game: Hold 'em, Omaha, SOHE, etc.
Again, if you could do writing - then you could post tournament blinds.

I have a timer that goes off and we do bomb pots every so often. You could program it to do some crazy patterns or something to signify different types of timed events? Like a silent timer.

I have a timer that goes off and we do bomb pots every so often. You could program it to do some crazy patterns or something to signify different types of timed events? Like a silent timer.
Good idea. I already have it doing something like that. I can set it to trace a small circle (like video 3) at a player position at random intervals or every n-1 players. We use that to indicate dealer’s choice.
Also, it keeps track of the number of hands played and at the end of the night I can have it blink out the number for me.

How does it keep track? when the laser is blocked it counts as one hand?
Not sure what you mean by blocked. It just adds one every time the pointer moves to the left and subtracts one every time I move it to the right. Which reminds me, I also have a button that will pick a random player to get the button when we first start.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom