Has anyone here ever hit a "chipping wall"? (2 Viewers)

I am there right now. The only “hole” in my collection is a Cali colored Paulson set and since I want something that isn’t worn out the chances of getting one are pretty slim at best.

Any set I think about buying now would need to replace something else and I really like everything I have now.

Most of my sets will only get to see the felt 4 to 5 times a year hosting twice a month on average if I’m lucky.

So now my chip funds are being earmarked towards a custom table and upgrades to my poker room. Which include putting some cabinets and counters in.

I've hit 2-3 walls, and with enough time, I seem to find a new focus in the same hobby. Two months ago I sold basically all my Paulson’s and went to straight CPCs. But now with the Milling, it's begun again.

It's funny how this hobby morphs and changes.

Completely depends on your personality IMHO. Some folks never really "own" chips - they rent them for a few years (or months or weeks) - either because they like variety or always want the next shiny new "in" thing. Others like me just continue to add on to their collections over the years. I host on average once to twice a month, and have 20 sets. Some get used a few times a year, others far less, and others practically never because I'm saving them for a purpose.

Its the same for many hobbies and such with life. Some folks have a new car every six months. My truck is 17 years old....

I don't like change :LOL: :laugh:

This pretty much sums it up for me. I have other expensive hobbies and nothing like a $2000 bill sitting in the closet, waiting to be cashed in. That's the good part, the nice sets retain or gain value.

I've had around 50+ $2000+ sets and have sold them all. At the moment, my nicest tournament set is my BCC Aqasino set (on the way). I have a few other sets (mostly hot stamps). Though I just bought a multi thousand dollar toy. So looking forward to custom Matsui or CPC hopefully soon. But could sell it all if I need money for more important hobbies.

So take up golf or buy a hot rod. Sounds like you're ready to buy something totally senseless to get some excitement! :D

Plus, I got @Suited Connector hooked. So I can just go to his game to play with the chips I can't afford.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom