Has anyone ever investigated slide out drink "carts"? (1 Viewer)

Jake14mw

Flush
Reaction score
What I mean is the same thing as slide out drink holders, but big enough to hold a snack plate or cell phones? My existing swingout dual drinkholders are 8" wide. They only extend out from the table 4 inches though. Maybe something big enough to hold a snack plate would just be too cumbersome between players? Maybe something that could temporarily clip on, so it could be placed at exactly the right spot?

Drink carts are the ideal solution if you have room. In my setup, space is too tight on one side of the table for drink carts though.

Nobody has even tried it? I wouldn't be surprised if it hasn't quite worked out, but I'm surprised there hasn't any efforts/lessons learned.

I think it would take up too much real estate between two players. I made an undermounted shelf for phones, but anything with a protrusion would get in the way (I’m my opinion).

What I mean is the same thing as slide out drink holders, but big enough to hold a snack plate or cell phones? My existing swingout dual drinkholders are 8" wide. They only extend out from the table 4 inches though. Maybe something big enough to hold a snack plate would just be too cumbersome between players? Maybe something that could temporarily clip on, so it could be placed at exactly the right spot?

Drink carts are the ideal solution if you have room. In my setup, space is too tight on one side of the table for drink carts though.
Funny you should ask. I just posted my design in another thread. The snack trays use 8"sliders, and can be opened or closed with snacks in them. They hold paper bowls and deep tupperware bowls. They are attached under the table with 4 wood screws, 2 on each side. Each player has their own.
They are made from MDF, and the bottom plate is 3/16" and slid in a routered slot and brad nailed. The guys love these.

Attachments

• table snack.jpg
    table snack.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 56
Funny you should ask. I just posted my design in another thread. The snack trays use 8"sliders, and can be opened or closed with snacks in them. They hold paper bowls and deep tupperware bowls. They are attached under the table with 4 wood screws, 2 on each side. Each player has their own.
They are made from MDF, and the bottom plate is 3/16" and slid in a routered slot and brad nailed. The guys love these.
Thanks, I saw your post in that other thread. I love what you did, they are great, and look really good too. Since I posted this thread with this question, I did come up with this solution, which has worked out really well.
https://www.pokerchipforum.com/thre...ers-my-answer-to-the-cup-holder-debate.64594/

I just had a look at the magnetic slide outs...a perfect solution that would be great for both drinks and snacks...I was looking to move my cup holders from the racetrack, and this would be perfect.
Looks like a project to do. I may have to ask for more details from the you about the magnets etc. What a great source for info. Great job.

I like how one can position the drink holder in any position they desire. My snack trays work well, but they are in dedicated locations, so no option of placement.

I have a snack table that is inset into a space, so I have room to place the loose cup holder assemblies. The players can easily grab one as needed.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom