Has anyone ever built a totally custom set of preowned CPCs? (1 Viewer)

FordPickup92

Royal Flush
Supporter
Reaction score
Not that I am condoning or into murder of custom CPC racks.... but I just wondered to myself if anyone has ever attempted to build a playable mixed set of preowned CPCs.... ? Be kind of cool if they didn't get murdered like a "tribute" tribute set to multiple folks that have sold off sets or racks that were upgraded or extras...

Maybe I'm crazy :LOL: :laugh:

@Gear did a relabel of his own custom set plus a chip from another set. does that count?
Sort of. I just recall several different racks from different folks for sale over the years and wondered what ever became of them
I've seen full sets sold purchased or even relabeled but not ever a mixed set per say

Here’s what I did

IMG_0393.jpeg
IMG_0394.jpeg

Not crazy I do this quite often.

Oriiginal Scotty's were broken up into multiple parts between 3 chippers, I took the 312 and then added some others from here and there to create one of my Magnolia sets.
03511CF9-ECC3-4015-85DB-5B042FCF2830.jpeg

earlyracks.jpg

rawsplash2.jpg

This was an old ASM personal set of Romans I acquired from Jim B that were just fugly. I turned most of them with some other addons into my Club Royale (Four Queens tribute) set

luckyb-lineup-pre.jpg

1stdirtysplash1.jpg

Ive got at least 2-3 other Custom sets from other chippers that are projects to relabel (I like to use repurpose). A Jockey Mold set, An MD50 set and another HHR set. Taking the old custom sets that people are tired of or not going to use and adding a few pieces with some Gear labels has always been one of my favorite ways to build sets.

Taking the old custom sets that people are tired of or not going to use and adding a few pieces with some Gear labels has always been one of my favorite ways to build sets.
That's what I was thinking too! And it seems I personally prefer broken in CPCs > new

That's what I was thinking too! And it seems I personally prefer broken in CPCs > new

And it can be a much cheaper/faster way to build custom sets than spending $10+/chip for other chips in this chip economy. And you don't have to wait 6-12 months on the custom CPC process. As long as you like the color combos and spot patterns, cost works out usually cheaper, even with new labels included, than new CPC's especially when dealing with set with some of the high level spot patterns.

Aren't CPC's much easier to murder than Paulsons too?

Yes, most of the time. Some really old ASM chips can be a bit of a pain to remove the inlay but most will pop out in one piece easy peasy. Paulson are almost always a PITA to remove the inlays especially older paper inlays.

I've never done it, but, I'm starting one now. I really appreciate everyone's enabling ways. Thank you so much for giving me an idea about something I didn't even realize I needed. I just purchased some CSQ for fracs, now I'm in search of my ones and fives. Thanks again for another project that I may never finish!

I’ve often thought of rehabbing my BPT inlay to include denominations on my custom ASM H mold set. It’s 2400+ chips though so it’s gonna take some time. And Money. And a designer……. Ouch.

Not crazy I do this quite often.

Oriiginal Scotty's were broken up into multiple parts between 3 chippers, I took the 312 and then added some others from here and there to create one of my Magnolia sets.
View attachment 1135086
View attachment 1135087
View attachment 1135088

This was an old ASM personal set of Romans I acquired from Jim B that were just fugly. I turned most of them with some other addons into my Club Royale (Four Queens tribute) set

View attachment 1135089
View attachment 1135090

Ive got at least 2-3 other Custom sets from other chippers that are projects to relabel (I like to use repurpose). A Jockey Mold set, An MD50 set and another HHR set. Taking the old custom sets that people are tired of or not going to use and adding a few pieces with some Gear labels has always been one of my favorite ways to build sets.
@BonScot got a big chunk too for his limit set. I was so happy to see my crap inlays removed, and three great sets created.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom