Has anyone bought Gassers from this site? (2 Viewers)

It does look good, especially if it comes with free shipping. Sometimes you can luck out on a better deal per chair on Craigslist, but who knows how close and how much it would cost to move it from place to place.

Quoted me free shipping when I put 10 in the cart
Somebody should give it a shot!
I don’t know much about freight shipping, just that last time I checked, it cost like $250 to ship a table. Translate that to ten $40 chairs, and more money would be going toward the shipping than the chairs. So I’m a skeptic. But I’d give it a shot if I needed gassers.

Somebody should give it a shot!
I don’t know much about freight shipping, just that last time I checked, it cost like $250 to ship a table. Translate that to ten $40 chairs, and more money would be going toward the shipping than the chairs. So I’m a skeptic. But I’d give it a shot if I needed gassers.
What have you got to lose? Pay with a credit card. If they don't deliver what they advertise, dispute the charge.

What have you got to lose? Pay with a credit card. If they don't deliver what they advertise, dispute the charge.
Right!
And:
the sheer unfinished-ness (?) of the site makes me very uneasy.
I don’t know if it pays to get into a leveling war with the universe, but if I’m buying used furniture online, I think I’d expect a crappy, unfinished website?

Right!
And:

I don’t know if it pays to get into a leveling war with the universe, but if I’m buying used furniture online, I think I’d expect a crappy, unfinished website?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-01-13 132529.jpg
    Screenshot 2023-01-13 132529.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 77
OP here. I have not ordered the chairs, and probably won't. The guy seems legit, but he's a one-man show and hasn't worked all the kinks out yet it seems. :confused Apparently he's been selling these chairs through eBay from some time now (like 5+ years?). I was able to find some references to PCF'ers buying them when I searched the forum a couple weeks ago.

I contacted him through Facebook and he told me (in pretty broken english) that the free shipping on the website was "Wrong information. Our shipping tables is malfunctioning" and "Our free shipping is mostly for brand new chairs". Not sure what would happen if you actually hit the Order button. :unsure:

For what it's worth, he said he "explored some options" and gave me a shipping quote of $270 for 10 chairs. Seemed fairly reasonable.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom