Has anyone bought am entire set of 47mm ceramics? (1 Viewer)

JMC9389

Royal Flush
Supporter
Reaction score
I have a barrel of the ABC 47mm ceramics that I got from the CDI group buy earlier this year. I really like the idea of an all 47mm ceramic set, as they are just 0.10 cents more than the 43mm ceramics per chip at the quantity that I'd order.

For anyone that did this, how did an all 47mm set play? Too cumbersome? Too much of the surface area of the table taken up by chips? I'd love to hear what you like and don't like.

Shuffling them around a bit, the 47mm chips do feel and sound a bit more hollow than the 43mm chips. I'm not sure if I like that or not though.

I do want to make this set different from any other set I own though, and making the chips 47mm sure would do that :)

I have owned several barrels of 47mm chips (both clays and ceramics, including ABCs), but no full sets -- although some have been utilized as high-denom chips in tourney sets of smaller-sized chips.

To me, they make great specialty chips (bounty, re-buy, etc.) but are too large to play with in bulk. I like all-43mm sets, but the 47mm chips are just too big to handle and shuffle comfortably over an extended period of time. I don't think table area would really be an issue, so ymmv.

With chips that large, you're not too far from this:
1606976778297.png

I've never bought a set with all chips that large. But I'd love to try one some time.

I have owned several barrels of 47mm chips (both clays and ceramics, including ABCs), but no full sets -- although some have been utilized as high-denom chips in tourney sets of smaller-sized chips.

To me, they make great specialty chips (bounty, re-buy, etc.) but are too large to play with in bulk. I like all-43mm sets, but the 47mm chips are just too big to handle and shuffle comfortably over an extended period of time. I don't think table area would really be an issue, so ymmv.
I can fit three stacks deep behind the betting line on my table. That aspect may not be as big an issue as I thought. I shuffle chips only sometimes because I have small hands and I'm terrible at it. Only a couple of the guys like to shuffle otherwise.

How do those with Winner Club chips think they play? @Seeking Alpha Social Club do you still have yours?

I can fit three stacks deep behind the betting line on my table. That aspect may not be as big an issue as I thought. I shuffle chips only sometimes because I have small hands and I'm terrible at it. Only a couple of the guys like to shuffle otherwise.

How do those with Winner Club chips think they play? @Seeking Alpha Social Club do you still have yours?
I have played @Seeking Alpha Social Club Winners Club chips, The 1Ks are 43mm and move up to 50mm!!! It is absolutley amazing!! Honestly can’t wait for the next one!! But these are Paulsons...definitely a big difference!

I have also contemplated the same idea with the 47mm ceramics! For the price it surprises me that no one has made a full set yet!!

Storage and Transportation I feel would be a pain as the 50mm racks are really Tall and only hold 80 chips per rack... if they are staying at your place I don’t really think it would be an issue though.

Ben

Yeah, I think if building a custom 47mm set, I'd also want custom stackable 47mm racks to hold them -- either wooden or 3D-printed.

Some of my larger chips were 47mm Winner Clubs (plus 50mm BCC no-molds). I stored them all in 50mm racks, but would not be happy with that solution for an entire large 47mm set.

I have definitely given a full 47mm set some thought. Currently all of my 47mm, 49mm, 51mm ceramics are for bounty chips and rebuy chips.

Yeah, I think if building a custom 47mm set, I'd also want custom stackable 47mm racks to hold them -- either wooden or 3D-printed.

Some of my larger chips were 47mm Winner Clubs (plus 50mm BCC no-molds). I stored them all in 50mm racks, but would not be happy with that solution for an entire large 47mm set.
Really Dave? I have the 47mm chips in those 50mm and i can see the small space, but with the concave nature of the rack the chips sit perfectly in the center, even in traveling to Ohio they worked pretty well.
Screenshot_20201119-105403_Gallery.jpg

Looking at the picture zoomed in, I guess you are right. They aren't sitting in there perfectly. They do work well but I can see from and OCD stand point maybe it would be an issue.

Really Dave? I have the 47mm chips in those 50mm and i can see the small space, but with the concave nature of the rack the chips sit perfectly in the center, even in traveling to Ohio they worked pretty well.
View attachment 585266
Looking at the picture zoomed in, I guess you are right. They aren't sitting in there perfectly. They do work well but I can see from and OCD stand point maybe it would be an issue.
Also a Matsui style rack would definitely help with the enormous height issue under the rack for stacking.

I do...they are keepers!! Unfortunately this isn't my stack, but they play AWESOME!!

20180324_191913.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom