Has anybody figured out TRK stamping? (1 Viewer)

GianThaMan

Flush
Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve already asked @AK Chip, and he’s told me he’ll be trying to stamp some TRKs eventually, but I’m wondering if anybody else has a stamping machine and managed to figure out TRK Scrown stamping. I mean it must be possible somehow, right?

I had 4 chips to try stamping. I'm pretty sure I can do it. It takes a lot of time and there will be a lot of bad stamps trying to get it dialed in.

1609403448626.png

It seems like hot stamping is dying out. CPC is the only custom clay MFG left. They will do it, but it ends up being close to the price of labeled chips.

TR King was a great place to get hot stamps from. When I got into the hobby around year 2000, you could get hot stamp solids for .50 cents each. Back then many turned up their noses at TR King because they are not quite 39mm. They were popular for a few years, but not enough to keep them in business.

It seems like hot stamping is dying out. CPC is the only custom clay MFG left. They will do it, but it ends up being close to the price of labeled chips.

TR King was a great place to get hot stamps from. When I got into the hobby around year 2000, you could get hot stamp solids for .50 cents each. Back then many turned up their noses at TR King because they are not quite 39mm. They were popular for a few years, but not enough to keep them in business.
I honestly prefer hot-stamps to round inlays for certain molds. Shaped inlays still take the cake, but something about hot-stamps just really get me. It's a shame that they're not that popular nowadays.

At $0.50/chip I probably would have bought a few thousand! It's sad that they weren't making much money back then, but kind of understandable given how many other options were available at the time.

I honestly prefer hot-stamps to round inlays for certain molds. Shaped inlays still take the cake, but something about hot-stamps just really get me. It's a shame that they're not that popular nowadays.

At $0.50/chip I probably would have bought a few thousand! It's sad that they weren't making much money back then, but kind of understandable given how many other options were available at the time.

I really like how you get more of the base color. Many chips look better that way -- quarter pie, half pie, some others.

Regarding TR King stamping, they were definitely best at stamping their own chips. Chips I got from them stacked well. Blue Chip did some TR King stamps for me (sent blanks to BCC). They didn't do the best job scraping them, more wobbly stacks. Can't tell from these pics really, but the suicide kings were done by TR King. The Kings Crown were stamped by Bluechip.

Cash.jpg

25 3.jpg
black2.jpg
lt turq 2.jpg

Last edited:
I‘m so bad in remembering names. Mine did Meatboy IIRC
And he said was a pain
Do you have any pictures of the set? I think AK Chip has the same stamping machine as Meatboy did so it could be helpful to gauge how they might turn out.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom