Harper puppy pr0n (1 Viewer)

liftapint

Royal Flush
Supporter
Reaction score
Well, I finally got my rescue pup last night. For those of you not following along in my "Name my dog" thread, I wanted to share Harper's story with you. She's had quite a journey.

I found my pup through a rescue organization called Faith & Hope Foundation, out of Corpus Christi, Texas. Turns out, a LOT of dogs are shipped from Texas to the Pacific Northwest, and Faith & Hope works with our local shelters to find forever homes for their dogs. I found my pup on petfinder.com, and had to wait 2 weeks until she would finally be loaded into a transport van headed to Seattle, along with 51 other dogs.

Unfortunately, late Friday night, the van was rear ended (totaled) on the highway at high speed, just outside of Douglas, Wyoming. One dog was killed on impact, and a second died later. The dog’s three drivers were taken to the hospital, and all of the emergency services in Douglas (pop. 6,000), helped extricate the dogs. Some got loose from mangled cages, and needed to be tracked down. All have now been accounted for.

Laramie Peak Humane Society sprang into action and found a facility to house the pups, and kept them fed, warm and dry. For awhile, it looked like the dogs would be taken back to Texas, so we packed our car and were ready to drive the 1,000 miles to pick her up. We were literally gassing up the car when we received notification that an amazing pilot that works with rescue groups would be providing air lift the rest of the way.

Sunday morning, the pups were loaded on the plane, some were dropped off in Montana, with the rest heading for Seattle. Fog diverted the flight to Wenatchee, so the Seattle Humane Society dispatched two pet vans to collect the dogs. Heading back to Seattle, the vans got stuck in traffic due to an overturned semi, so a 3 hour drive took nearly double that. After all of the challenges, I was finally able to pick her up last night at nearly 10pm at the Seattle Humane Society (there were about 25 other families there to collect their dogs from the same transport van). All in all, it took nearly 4 days and a tragic accident to get those dogs to Seattle!

This is one special dog, and I can't wait to give her a lifetime of love!

Here is a link to the news video:
https://www.kiiitv.com/video/news/l...77dVyzy_vC3rBGuu9b-y-t8cMeEVAdZdHjoHL7Z8ign4o

If you have a soft spot for animals, and have a few extra dollars that you can spare, please consider donating to the Faith and Hope Foundation. They are going to have considerable expense from this tragic accident. And they do amazing work.

https://www.paypal.me/FaithandHope

https://www.facebook.com/faithandhopefoundation/

Will add more puppy pr0n for sure, but here is the photo from when they first handed her to me last night. That's one lucky girl...and I'm not talking about the pup.

mel_and_baby.jpg

Happy to support a good cause. For Reno. :bag:

...And Harper. :p It was the second name I thought of, and I didn’t even realize sirbluffs had beat me to it until after I posted. Well played, sir.

She’s absolutely a Harper.

Sooo...let's just say I had a 1k piece inlaid uncirculated set of TRK's that included two racs of fracs.

Could we swing a trade? Set for the dog?

Sooo...let's just say I had a 1k piece inlaid uncirculated set of TRK's that included two racs of fracs.

Could we swing a trade? Set for the dog?

Nice try!! Harper's a keeper :)

But one of her brothers is still available. Last one!! :)

Wow Mel, thats a crazy story. Pup looks great and Harper is a fantastic name.

We have 3 dogs right now, one from Mississippi, one from Alabama, and one from Tennessee. They do the same thing and ship them up by the van load.
Its always amazing how great nearly ALL the rescues are that come here that way. Its almost like they seem grateful.

Good luck with the pup !

Congrats on the new pup! Great name too. She looks like a keeper.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom