Harlequin Card Room (2 Viewers)

Which chip pattern do you like for the $20 chip?

• Total voters

H|Q

Flush
Reaction score
I've locked up the $1 & $5 chip patterns. But I need help with the $20 chip. Please take a look at these chip patterns and tell me which you like the most.

I'm thinking Dayglow Tiger would be better than the butterscotch on the 3rd chip but I couldn't load it in the design tool.

Vote.png

I'd also accept some feedback on the inlay.

love the inlay and really love the $1. i think for the $20 you'll need a base more easily distinguishable from the $5, though. perhaps use DG tiger or DG peach as the base and orange and DG orange as the spots?

Yeah, that could work. Do you really think the colors are too close between the 5 and potential $20?

Attachments

• peach base.png
    peach base.png
    77.6 KB · Views: 178
Yeah my first thought was the $5 and $20 could be hard to distinguish in low light...

IMG_20150719_100317_zps0ad799b6.jpg

Here're DG Peach, DG Tiger and Orange together for reference

IMG_20150719_100237_zpsc1201686.jpg

Reactions: H|Q
I love the orange and blurple. Voted blurple just because I wonder if the red 5 and orange 20 might get confused in a pot?

Yeah, that could work. Do you really think the colors are too close between the 5 and potential $20?
A lot of the oranges are pretty close to red in base color. The DG Tiger is a little more true orange but may still be close. I like the Peach base idea

to my eye i think they are and it's always made more difficult when you have quarter pie chips imo. there's not enough breakage within the rolling edge, so you really have to go for contrasting colors.

Also, is Tiger in the design tool? I didn't see it.

nope, not there yet unfortunately.

EDIT: after looking at Toby's pics above, i think even DG tiger might be too close to the $5. maybe i'm being nitty about it...

EDIT: after looking at Toby's pics above, i think even DG tiger might be too close to the $5. maybe i'm being nitty about it...

No I think you are dead on. CPC orange and red is awful close. Tiger might be better but I still don't think I'd use both sequentially in a set

Looks like inlay will color match to chips?

The Blurple chip will probably work very nicely. The whole thing has a Nawlins feel to it.

Seriously. I need to say it again. Awesome inlays. These could be my favorite inlays evah.

Thanks a ton. I have been sitting on these since Dennis rejected my order for 3k 1/4 pies at TRK, 3 weeks before he closed.

Voted blurple. I'd play around a bit with the secondary colors on it - retro blue and dark blue are going to look like the same color on that chip. Agree that any kind of orange will probably be too close to the red - IF I did go orange, I think peach base with arc yellow/tiger would be the way to go.

Inlay confirmed fawesome. That $1 is smoking hot. I hate to say it but I'm really concerned about the $5 though - IRL there's a lot less noticeable contrast between the reds than the mockup suggests. As played, that chip is going to look like a solid. Toby, where are those pics of your red/man red half pies???

I hate to say it but I'm really concerned about the $5 though - IRL there's a lot less noticeable contrast between the reds than the mockup suggests. As played, that chip is going to look like a solid. Toby, where are those pics of your red/man red half pies???

yeah i was waiting to get home and review my sample set for color comparison on this point. i seem to recall considering a red/retro red combo at some point and nixing it due to Ben's concerns.

perhaps a red/maroon/dg pink 1/4 pie?

Voted blurple. I'd play around a bit with the secondary colors on it - retro blue and dark blue are going to look like the same color on that chip. Agree that any kind of orange will probably be too close to the red - IF I did go orange, I think peach base with arc yellow/tiger would be the way to go.

Inlay confirmed fawesome. That $1 is smoking hot. I hate to say it but I'm really concerned about the $5 though - IRL there's a lot less noticeable contrast between the reds than the mockup suggests. As played, that chip is going to look like a solid. Toby, where are those pics of your red/man red half pies???

I hear you Ben. @courage said the same thing. I'm probably going to mo
5 alt.png
5 312.png
ve from 1/4 for the whole set. As you guys know, I have a thing for the Tropicana.

These are going to be tremendous regardless of which route you take. That inlay artwork is just excellent.

i kind of dig the all-1/4-pie set idea. i've seen comments from others saying chips are difficult to distinguish, but always from tourney sets where people will have similar amounts of different chips in play at once. in cash sets where you typically have a ton of one denom and a few of a couple other denoms, i think those concerns are significantly alleviated.

how about something like:

KVOcubS.png

I like this one for the $20.

How about you? I think I'm going with the 1/4 Lavender and Red.

Attachments

• 20 canary brown.png
    20 canary brown.png
    77.4 KB · Views: 165

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom