Happy Thanksgiving! (1 Viewer)

David O

Royal Flush
Supporter
Reaction score
I would like to wish each of you a Happy Thanksgiving!

Without going into too much about something that our family has recently faced I will say that we have plenty to be thankful for today and every day of our lives. It is sad that sometimes we take some items for granted in our lives and take one day to remember and celebrate with thanks. Every day should be a Thanksgiving.

I feel very thankful for my family, friends and the company I work with. I knew each were here all along but that feeling was recently reaffirmed.

I hope that each of you enjoy your Thanksgiving and enjoy your time with your family! Stay safe and eat a bunch of turkey.

David O

9114F891-05F5-4990-A2B8-C822A31A3F84.jpeg

Happy Thanksgiving, to all of you and your families!!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!

I'm thankful for a lot this year, but I have to tip my hat to the wonderful community here at PCF, all of the great folks I've met over my time being in this crazy hobby, being invited to so many great meetups, and collecting so many great chips.

It's been a wild ride (and a wallet killer :p) and it wouldn't have happened without all of the great involvement from so many of you all. Thanks to @Tommy for putting this place together, and the mods for keeping things tuned on a daily basis.

EVERYONE HERE AT PCF IS JUST AWESOME!!!!!

upload_2017-11-23_11-39-44.png

I put mine in this morning. We have over 16 eating here and I am doing most of the cooking. 23 pound bird along with a HoneyBaked ham with all of the usual trimmings. I am sitting here enjoying the calm before the storm and reflecting on everything I am thankful for.

David
IMG_2437.JPG

I put mine in this morning. We have over 16 eating here and I am doing most of the cooking. 23 pound bird along with a HoneyBaked ham with all of the usual trimmings. I am sitting here enjoying the calm before the storm and reflecting on everything I am thankful for.

David
View attachment 135832

just 5-6 of us today. I'm handling the turkey and caesar salad.

Heather, my oldest is coming over soon. She is making bacon wrapped grean beans and potatos.

We will have the usual sides like stuffing. Mashed potatoes, Green bean casserole, yams, broccoli, cranberry sauce, rolls butter and way too man deserts! I may throw some bacon wrapped chicken breast on the grill for hors d'oeuvres.

Thanks @David O, you are spot on as usual!

Today I was surprised when I was getting ready to line up for a road race and my five year old said dad, I don't want to watch anymore. I want to be like you. Unbeknown to my wife or me she'd made up a number bib and taped it to her shirt under her coat. A true bandit runner in the making. My wife (absolutely not a runner) was dead set against her participating, citing a parade of horribles that could happen. I know my daughter - 500 feet into it she'd lose interest and become a problem. But as I lined up she stood there sobbing that she could and she would do the whole thing. I'd been hoping to run this one for time but decided what the hell and waved her over and the smile on her face and look of consternation on my wife's were priceless. I told my wife to walk after us and be ready to pick her up when she dropped off.

That never happened. I definitely didn't make time, but surprisingly we made a 7:44 pace on 3.1 miles. Every day I'm amazed at what my kids can do. Next year she's being registered as an official participant.

Happy Thanksgiving all, give thanks for every day!

View attachment 135837

Today I was surprised when I was getting ready to line up for a road race and my five year old said dad, I don't want to watch anymore. I want to be like you. Unbeknown to my wife or me she'd made up a number bib and taped it to her shirt under her coat. A true bandit runner in the making. My wife (absolutely not a runner) was dead set against her participating, citing a parade of horribles that could happen. I know my daughter - 500 feet into it she'd lose interest and become a problem. But as I lined up she stood there sobbing that she could and she would do the whole thing. I'd been hoping to run this one for time but decided what the hell and waved her over and the smile on her face and look of consternation on my wife's were priceless. I told my wife to walk after us and be ready to pick her up when she dropped off.

That never happened. I definitely didn't make time, but surprisingly we made a 7:44 pace on 3.1 miles. Every day I'm amazed at what my kids can do. Next year she's being registered as an official participant.

View attachment 135837
Wow, just wow! What a great thing to remember for years!. There is nothing better than the feeling of doing something with your child just for the sake of doing it together. All of the personal goals of being the fastest or the best go by the wayside in order to spend that time with your loved one!!!

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours and tell your daughter that she did a great job!!! I cannot wait to hear about her first "official" event!

View attachment 135837

That is awesome!!! ...but am I misreading this? Did your 5-year old run a 5k averaging 7:44 per mile???

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom