Happy Dia De Los Muertos (1 Viewer)

Hi, guys... Just a smallish update today. It looks like I'm making a deal to license these chips to a company, so they will come to the market on their own. I have no details to share at all, including when they'll be available, but I'm going to make sure that the chips are nice, (and that a yellow $20 is available :D).

I'll share more information when I can, and if it doesn't work out, we'll go back to working on a group buy. Thanks a million to One Eyed Dollar for stepping up to make a group buy happen, and to all of you for your enthusiasm for the chips!
Just bumping the thread for an update. Any news? As the person who almost ran a group buy for these chips, there are still 2 things I'd love to see the company do for us:
1. Offer special pre-order pricing on PCF with a small discount before the chips go up for full retail price on their site.
2. Have the pre-order ready by October for all of us that were interested in using these chips for a Halloween tourney.

I think the demand for these chips is there. Let's make it happen! (y) :thumbsup:

The reason I don't like Chipco chips is how dull the colors often (always?)look. The artwork on these is outstanding! If these can be produced with bright colors it would be hard to say no.

Any information on what type of chips these will be? Sunfly Hybrids?

What's the company that is going to be offering these, and on what blank?

What's the company that is going to be offering these, and on what blank?
It's a good vendor with good blanks. I just don't want to overstep my bounds and be the one to reveal it. But I think this project is sitting on the backburner and I don't want it to fizzle out!

Can we "kick" this project into gear? Only 2 months until Halloween!

333d21dd08acbfb47e117675161ebd90--platform-wedge-sugar-skulls.jpg

Well, I've just been cleared to spill the beans that the Dia De Los Muertos chips will be made by Gene at ABC Gifts and Awards. He's hoping to do an initial run of Chipcos (maybe just for all of us in the forums) and then offer them on some other blanks for general sale.

Lemonzest, I note your concern with the colors on the Chipcos, and I'm a little surprised. Before BR Pro made the Tikis (my other design), I got a set from Chipco, and the colors were certainly vibrant (a number of critics said they were "garish" or "cartoonish," which was... well, sort of the point):

circle.jpg
(click to embiggen)

The photo on the first page is on Chipco blanks, and while I am working on making the purple chip much more saturated and colorful (and the black chip darker and richer), you can see how they're coming out even as an initial test pressing.

Very cool! Glad to see Gene pick these up.

ABC has Chipco blanks? Was that part of the pgi acquisition?

Wife (an art teacher) loves this holiday an gave me the go ahead to buy a set of these chips. I've had to hide, sorta, my addiction for 10 years. Are they still on track?

These are looking so sick! Nice work on tweaking the colors and better differentiating some of the denoms too.

If anybody wants a matching pack of cards, I've got 3 packs of cards that are in a Dia De Los Muertos theme. They were from a Kickstarter campaign that funded more than two years ago, so limited edition. They were going to make 1000 packs, but I think there are actually way, way fewer in the world. Beautifully illustrated by a Spanish artist, but they are poker-size standard index paper. I'll try to post a picture up tonight,

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom