Happy Dia De Los Muertos (1 Viewer)

Still interested here.

I found these just searching around amazon killing time.They are beautiful cards but imagine playing with these:

doftd_.jpg

dotd2_.jpg

Hi, everybody...

Just wanted to drop in for an update--I haven't done anything with figuring out a group buy yet. My professional and personal life are all "making project-y stuff" based, so this has taken the back burner to a bunch of that at the moment. I'd certainly like to get these chips made, but as I said above, I'd have to do it in a way where I'm not laying out any cash (and still getting some chips... I love the community and all, but I ain't letting somebody play with my chips before I do :D)

It's certainly on my radar, and I'll let you guys know if anything happens!

No worries. As I'm sure is also the case with the others, I'm keen but also not in a huge rush

Just curious - on which type chip would the artwork reproduce better: Ceramic or Hybrid Ceramic with label?

Labels will reproduce sharper, but only on the label. Hybrid ceramics still require printing on the non-label area.

These chips are amazing looking!

Now I have to dive into the world of Ceramic...

I thought Ceramics had a tendency to print off center on occasion. Has printing evolved to the point where that's not an issue anymore. This design with the black rings looks like it would be sensitive to being printed off center but the samples for these are perfect and look amazing.

Really? Strange, I have never come across this issue, myself. Maybe I should take a close look at my whole set.

Once you see it you wont't be able to unsee it.:eek: I probably would never have noticed but I watched a few of Hobbyphilic's youtube chip reviews and he talks about it and shows you how all the major mass produced ceramics have the issue. My Tiki's have it and my sample set of Nevada Jacks has it. Nothing major but a few are worse than others. But designs with a ring like these would make it very obvious if printed off center. I would still buy a set it is just the nature of the beast.

Put these chips on GOCC Protech blanks and I don't think I would be able to resist an order.

Apparently, the artist's price is a set of chips with price of the set factored into group buy pricing...win, win?

Wow... How did I miss all this activity? Sorry, all.

Um, yes. It's accurate to say that my "price" is a set of chips for myself... When I did the denominated Tikis I sold the rights to a company in exchange for chips, and I tried it with a couple of companies for the Dia De Los Muertos as well.

If a company would be willing to purchase the rights to the artwork (in chips), or if a group buy were willing to subsidize a set for me, I'd happily let somebody run a group buy. I'm not excited about the prospect of a group buy where I get chips based on other people's purchases, because somebody else would be doing all the work with the only benefit being that they "get" to buy the chips I designed. I consider my work on the designs to be extremely valuable (that is, worth a nice-sized set of chips), but I don't expect chip customers to pay it directly, if you know what I mean...

Dunno. If somebody is serious about running a buy, let me know, and we'll see what we can do. I've heard that PGI has been sold. How is this affecting the ceramics customs market?

I believe that we can still get custom ceramic from Sunfly, ABC, and GOCC.

GOCC protech blank is the best, IMO.

Anyone able to put together what a GB would look like with a group subsidy included to make it happen?
Think that ABC or Apache might be interested in the art rights in exchange for a set?

JS Dude...? :rolleyes:

PS: make that pink non-denom a yellow $20?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom