Hands of the night 3 (1 Viewer)

Gunnar

Flush
Reaction score
Villain is a pro player and deep pockets. He is lAg and likes to bully.

Blinds 1/2$

One limp to me
I raise to 14$ with :qd::qh:
fold to villain that puts it to 32$
Fold to me I flat 32$

Pot 69$
I have position with 1000$
He has 350$ left

Flop :3h::4d::ts:

What do we do ?

Since you have position, I'm three-betting pre-flop to $90. I think flatting is a mistake.

As played, I'm betting $65-$70 on the flop. But would prefer to be leading out with $185-$190 after he called my pre-flop re-raise, putting him to a stacks decision. Bully the bully.

I would have 4-bet pre probably to about $120. as played, Villian may think he can blow you off the hand, so I would go with a check/call on flop and chekc raise on turn (assuming no A or K on turn).

PF i think 4bet/call is both fine. Flop nothing except c/c doesnt have sense.

4bet / call a shove pre against this villain

Does he check to you on flop? You have position, right?

If checked to you I bet for value, 1/2 to 2/3 pot on such a dry board. You want to get it in by the river unless an A or K peels.

If he leads I call the flop and shove non AK turns.

If you don't 4bet pre, is it because you never 4 bet anything at all, or because you decided to be tricky? If you're being tricky, stick to the plan and check/call the flop.

Yeah, I really don't like that flat preflop. Reraise to $80–100 there. If Villain is truly a habitual bully and will even 5-bet bluff, be prepared to snap off a shove. If not, seriously consider that QQ may be beaten if he 5-bets. But you need to put in the 4-bet to get this information.

As played, bet $40–50 on the flop.

(You said you have position. Why are we not getting a Villain action before being asked to act. Did he check?)

I bet 70$
he thinks for a while
Calls the 70$

Turn :9c:

I think check raise

I check
He goes all-in
280$
I have 930$ behind

What do we do ?

So he is betting $280 into a $210 pot? Based on your description of him, he could be trying to blow you off the pot. Not a very connected board. NOt sure how the 9 helped unless he had 99 or 9-10. I'm leaning call.

He hit a two-outer in an inconvenient spot where he was getting nowhere near the odds to draw. Nothing you can do.

Seems like there's a good chance that this line gets all his money in the pot on the turn whether or not he hits that 9, so not bad in all. But I still think a reraise preflop was the way to go.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom