Hands of the night 2 (1 Viewer)

If check raising, you need to make it bigger than 40 more, because after calling his 30 there is over 100 in the pot. As the check raiser, I would bet at least half pot on turn and fold if raised.

I too think you should have gone heavier on your raise. The King is a great bluff card. We can expect a c-bet from Villain if we check, and possibly a re-raise if we bet. I believe this may be the type of player who will overplay a pair or a draw heads-up. Any decision I make at this point is going to be player dependent. Being somewhat in the dark, I am checking for pot control.

Call preflop
This flop could end badly, hero is in a rio situation with deep stacks. I check / call.
The turn sucks. Hero has only a bluff catcher - top pair no kicker. Check/fold. Shallower might allow a hero call strategy,

Better safe than sorry -— DrStrange

So we have 190ish pot

I value bet 100$ semi bluff
He thinks for a minute and calls

RIVER :7c:

Pot 390$

He has 309$
And I 509$

Action on me

Preflop I’m putting in a 3bet with A7hh with a hand that doesn’t particularly play well post flop out of position vs Villians opening range. Fold if 4 bet.

On the flop, as played, Hero’s check raise vs a Sticky Villain sizing is too small and gives Villain a great price to continue. Only needs to put in 40 into a pot of 145. He gets the right price to continue with hands that have more than 22% equity. I would like a raise to around 95-110.
I prefer a check call in this spot that keeps the pot small with our hand.

The turn is a bad card for us. Check-calling with the plan to check fold river if he bets again.

River check-fold.

ack. Hate the small flop raise, and detest the turn bet (also in the turn check/fold camp). Also check/folding the river, as I suspect villain just made kings-full.....

Check and decide. You know more about this player and if he would call turn and then bluff river with a missed draw, or turn an ace into a bluff.

So I check

he bets a small bet
125$

I snap go all-in
He snap called and show :ad::kh:

Bad play on my behalf :(
KKK AA
vs
777 KK

So I check

he bets a small bet
125$

I snap go all-in
He snap called and show :ad::kh:

Bad play on my behalf :(
KKK AA
vs
777 KK

I wouldn't call it "bad" play. Based on your history with this guy, and his reputation as a LAG, how many times are you really putting him on AK here?

Maybe not AK but a K

I guess it depends on your history with said LAG.

I've played with PCFs own @kenny a few times to learn that he plays any two cards, and will play them all as if he has the nuts. A few weeks ago I followed him to the river with a flopped set just to see him bet big. I even said out loud, "the only hand that beats me is 4, 7 ... but would you have bet heavy preflop with 4,7?"

I called. Sure enough, he made his goofball straight.

So... I have a hard time putting LAGs on anything. Especially when they play any (every) two cards they are dealt.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom