Hands of the night 2 (1 Viewer)

Gunnar

Flush
Reaction score
Villain is experienced player and works as a floor. He is often aggressive and hard to get to fold. Deep pockets so he is not counting his chips. We are both quite up.

Blind 1/2

I straddle 7$ with :ah::7h:
He raises 21$
Fold to me
I call

Pot 45$
I have 700$
He has 500$

Flop
:kc::7d::ac:

What do we do ?

Hero is UTG, Villain is UTG+1. See thread Hands of the Night 1.

Really want to risk him checking and getting a free club?

I find most players will c-bet clubs here... And clubs is just one of his possible holdings... A check/raise can get called by Clubs and a good A...

The small issue I have with a dork bet here is that at these levels, people don't balance it enough... It's usually a strong holding... Would you donk if you had :qc::8c:?

Very simple c/c. c/r will cal only hands that we are in a very bad shape and all worse will fold.

You think villain will fold AQ or AJ? Or QXc? If you think he will, then yeah, by all means c/c.
We block Ax so there is less combos that can call our c/r. Considering possitions, and you said he is agressive (I consider bny that you mean he has higher 3bet tendencies PF), he can have KQ, KJ, 99 or TT+ and Ax hands that we said we block so less combos. With that in mind there is no much hands he can continue after c/r.

We're out of position with 2 pair on a board that can bring so many bad turns. I'm bombing for almost full pot here ($40 - $45), and if called, following up with another 3/4 to full pot bet on a safe turn card.

C/R is clearly the move here. Flop is MUCH better for villain's range and he will c-bet 100%. C/R by hero will often be a draw and should get action from any Ax (which is in the upper portion of V's range since he is c-betting 100%) Leading would let V fold his air, just call his Ax/Kx and raise his AK and sets along with some bluffs which puts H in a shitty spot.

C/R is clearly the move here. Flop is MUCH better for villain's range and he will c-bet 100%. C/R by hero will often be a draw and should get action from any Ax (which is in the upper portion of V's range since he is c-betting 100%) Leading would let V fold his air, just call his Ax/Kx and raise his AK and sets along with some bluffs which puts H in a shitty spot.

My thoughts exactly.

I check
He bets 30$
I raise to 70$
He snap calls

Turn :kd:

Action on me !?
I have 609$
he 409$

If you are going for the check raise line I would have raised more (to about $125).

I would Check-Fold in this spot.

When you decided to raise I would make it bigger.
On this delicious turn I think we have to decide if we can call his river bet. If we c/c we can just hope he cbacks river as we cant call any bet. So my vote goes to c/f.

Given your description of the player as a LAG who doesn't fold often, that would weigh heavily on my action here.

Depending on my history with the Villain, I might check-call anything but a jam (which would put me in the tank). He could be going bonkers with pocket 8s, trying to scare players with the board.

He is often aggressive and hard to get to fold.
Action on me !?
I have 609$
he 409$
Well that sucks. Check-fold
I agree turn sucks. I'm probably checking here, but if Villian bets, I'm not sure I'm necessarily folding here. Depends on his bet sizing, etc. If he's as described in the OP 'hard to get to fold', might he have JJ or QQ TT, or another pair with one club?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom