Hands of the night 1 (1 Viewer)

Gunnar

Flush
Reaction score
To have it simple lets use USD.
I'm playing 0.50/1$ that was raised to 1/2$ as the table got to deep. The table is quite strong and I would normaly not take a seat at this lineup. But I was already sitting when the best players arrived and was up.

I know most of the players quite well.

Player 1. Tight, came to play lower stakes
Player 2. TAG, Girl dealer that knows the game well
Player 3. Me
Player 4. Experienced floor, semi shark and aggressive
Player 5. Some tight guy
Player 6. Asian guy that always seems to call but makes awesome value bets
Player 7. Pro player shark normally plays with 4-8k stack no problem in bigger games
Player 8. Some fish.

Button on player 5.
P6 stack around 800$ post sb : 1$
P7 stack around 400$ post bb : 2$
P8 stack around 300$ fold
P1 stack around 200$ fold
P2 stack around 500$ raise : 8$
Me look on :kh::8h: stack 600$ : call 8$
P4 stack around 600$ fold
P5 stack around 450$ fold
P6 : Calls 8$
P7: fold

Flop comes :ks::8s::8d:
Pot 26$
P6 leads with 20$ ( 772 behind )
P2 folds
Me ???? ( 592 behind )

If there's ever a time to slowplay, I think this is it.

Just flat the $20. Hopefully he's got an eight or is drawing to a flush (that will hit) and he'll get over-invested. I think if you raise here, it's too easy for him to fold a lot of hands, especially flush draws and weak eights.

What are you giving him credit for having? I would be looking to go after his stack. Kings are the only hand that has you beat. Barring sick runner-runner holdings, A,8 is the only hand that can catch you. Bump it to $50 to $55.

edit: Lost myself a little too much listening to the Stones. Pocket nines or better could also spell trouble. I would bump it now.

Last edited:
Playing this deep, you want to build the pot. He is unlikely going anywhere if he has a strong draw or an 8. Do you think he would really put you on K,8? Bump it!

If you flat call the flop, vilain might check the turn and if you bet then there is some chance he will fold, hence limiting your gain in the hand.

I would raise to 50 or 60 which is very likely to be called as he will be drawing 2 cards, plus he will be committing more $ in the pot which will entice him to call a "value" bet on the turn

Flat. This is no time to run off a lesser holding.

I would normaly not take a seat at this lineup. But I was already sitting when the best players arrived and was up.

FYI, that is usually a sign to cashout. I know how you ended up, so its sounds like you made the right decisions. Maybe you're better than you are giving yourself credit for, but if you aren't comfortable in the game, this is one of the easiest way to give back your gains.

I'd flat. Someone may have a King w/ decent kicker, let them think they are still ahead. Also, this lets one of them chase their flush draw, which you beat anyway. You do not want to blow them out of the pot yet.

I agree with Eric. One reason I didn't mind nor moving to the second table Saturday night at my place. The table was loaded with players that are all better than I am.

With this hand I'm building a pot, I'm raising in the 50-60 buck range.

FYI, that is usually a sign to cashout. I know how you ended up, so its sounds like you made the right decisions. Maybe you're better than you are giving yourself credit for, but if you aren't comfortable in the game, this is one of the easiest way to give back your gains.

I usually don't play cash game unless there's is no option to go to a tournament. Sadly that happens often. I can play everyone without hesitation at s tournament but I still have lot to learn in cashgame.

The transaction for me is that in cash people play a lot more loose and rebuy into better position.

I last 5 years my excel document puts me 40k$ in plus playing poker. Most of it is tournament but as I have a family now and looking for a new apartment I have to choose my games more carefully to not get me into bad situation. When you are playing cash game knowing you are not rebuying I think you are at a disadvantage than other players that would without at thought.

That is why I would not sit down at this table as I don't like 1000$ rebuys for my bankroll
2 hours after I cashed out AVG stack for 2000$ for seven handed game

I bump it to 60$
He calls

Pot 146$

Turn :ts:

He has 712 behind and checks to me
I have 532 behind what do we do

$120. Hopefully he hit his flush and check-raises.

Awesome turn for his range. Agree $120 and hope he c/r. Also considering some weak bet like $30-$40 if he is on agressive side and give him the rope.

Flat the flop. As played, I bet $100-120 on the turn. If he CR then I'm torn between shipping, or flattish the CR, then letting him go for value on the river. Depends on his CR amount and table reads.

You are quite deep so I like raising the flop; hope he has an 8. Cute spot for an overbet on the turn, say 175.

Fold preflight
Without the deep stack, slow play the flop. But the stacks are deep enough that hero needs to aim for stacking villain. Raise flop to $65.
Bet turn - $100.

You have a pot sized bet. Shippit. Don't think the river helped you. Probably only way he's calling is with the A

I go all-in on River.

He tanks for 3-4minutes and folds Aces....

Should I have made a smaller bet ?

Me look on :kh::8h: stack 600$ : call 8$
Flop comes :ks::8s::8d:
Pot 26$
P6 leads with 20$ ( 772 behind )
P2 folds
Me ???? ( 592 behind )

I bump it to 60$
He calls
Pot 146$
Turn :ts:

I bet turn 133$
He snap calls
River is a :5s:
Keeping some sort of running update with flop, your cards, stack & pot size is helpful.

So pot on river is 146 + 133 +133 = $412, and you have around $400 behind (if my math is right).

Do you know if he had the A of spades, for the nut flush?

This is probably one of those spots and boards where a pot size bet might only get called by a few hands that you beat, like the nut flush, T8, or 85. I'd think someone with A8 might fold here, without a spade. So maybe a lesser size bet would have been better here, even around the same size as the turn bet -- like $150 or $175 or so. Or even being tricky and betting less than the turn, like $90, which could possibly induce a raise. (but that's just me thinking outside the box.)

This is probably one of those spots and boards where a pot size bet might only get called by a few hands that you beat, like the nut flush, T8, or 85.

Pretty sure KK and TT wouldn't fold either.

I don't have a problem with the jam, because you took the pot down. But there are so few hands that beat you that your looking to make some money on the river too. That's where the bankroll grows, when you can take down max value and/or get paid in thin spots. I think @AWenger is right, you should be looking to get some money in the pot. You don't need to double up, you want a call or a raise... A smaller/value bet accomplishes that.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom