Handles for Oval Poker Table (1 Viewer)

ric878

High Hand
Reaction score
Hi Everyone, I just finished my first poker table build. It's an 8'x4' oval with a riser for some LEDs. The base materials are 3/4" plywood. The table is pretty heavy, and I was thinking I should add some handles under the table to make it easier to lift and maneuver. I'm pretty sure I've seen some builds with handles, but my search did not produce any good results with actual parts used. So my question is, for those of you that have done this, what type of handles have you used that can hold up to the weight of the table? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

Edit pics added as “proof” lol
6402EC53-1B39-46EF-8F4A-5C8D089C835D.jpeg

8D2D9881-3095-438F-BDEA-8C145DCAC756.jpeg

Last edited:
Ric, I’m not say’n you didn’t build a table I’m just say’n without evidence how are we to believe you really need these handles?

Pix or it didn’t happen! :wtf:

I went with a couple of handles like this:
09876njjjnj.jpg

Gate handle from Lowes. Went with slightly bigger screws then what came with.

I use an “oh shit” handle made for Jeeps. Been working great for a few years now. I do throw my back out everytime I have to move the table because its just me but the handle works. :)

0195D556-D10C-4EFA-89B9-35C1FF9A122D.jpeg

A8EE482E-8F13-47DA-8A8F-32A96316DCAB.jpeg

I used a cheap pair of kayak handles off amazon. They easily handle the weight but are flexible enough that nobody has ever hit them with their knees under the table or even noticed they were there.

What is the height on your raised rail? Thx!
1/2 inch.

Edit for more context, I was on my mobile when I answered.

I went with a 1/2 inch riser, and the rail itself is 3/4 inch. I went this route because I wanted it to be more discreet. I was also able to add a diffuser made of 3/4 inch opaque tubing which I purchased at the orange store (not pictured in my original post) which makes the light more pleasant. The LEDs were cob LEDs with a built-in diffuser, but the addition of a secondary diffuser makes it much better, in my opinion.

Last edited:
It is platinum. I was hoping for a bit more sheen, but I still like it a lot.
It looks great. I’ve been browsing the YAT website and the Platinum seemed much lighter. This is way closer to the color I was hoping for.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom