Hand from my first livestream (2 Viewers)

I laid down KK last night to a guy so new to poker, he didnt know how to riffle cards. He dealt by picking up the cards off the table one at a time. It was brutal to watch. Board came out AJX, I bet and get one caller....this guy. River is another A, he tanks for a minute then bets in to me. No way this fucking noob doesnt have an A.

I fold face up. He shows J5. FML

If you had called he'd have shown you the Ace, there's zero doubt in my mind

So the results for those who missed it are I eventually found the fold button. The board was rainbow AK57T and she check-called pot sized bets of 200 and 600 OOP on the flop and turn.

I expect if she has a set or top two she's betting or raising in that spot, so I have to put her on a QJT type rundown that's trying to get there, she had been a calling station all night, and hadn't shown a ton of aggression.

So when she jams the broadway making river I still think given how the hand played out I have to find the fold in that spot. She wound up turning over KT75 for FOUR PAIR lol

And honestly, I think in her mind she thought she was betting for value and had the best hand
Suckah Folder!!!

I laid down KK last night to a guy so new to poker, he didnt know how to riffle cards. He dealt by picking up the cards off the table one at a time. It was brutal to watch. Board came out AJX, I bet and get one caller....this guy. River is another A, he tanks for a minute then bets in to me. No way this fucking noob doesnt have an A.

I fold face up. He shows J5. FML
Let me be very clear.....this is a good thing in the long run. That kid now thinks he is a poker gift sent down from Mount Olympus. A new fish has been created. You are all welcome.

Yeah but I wouldn’t have folded for that slight chance that I’m wrong. Lol
I said the same thing
AKQJ
Adds up
Call down with two pair
Jam on broadway
When you don’t boat up jam
That’s some new generation GTO there
But totally reps the straight
Couldn’t have played it wrong better

Patty had called off her stack earlier multiway chasing a gutshot, so me believing she'd do the same chasing broadway here doesn't seem to be much of a stretch
I know it's stings but you made correct fold... I belive.
If I were in your shoes I propobly would have sweat for 10 minutes and call. But as always perception is everything. People very often make correct reads if they just observers not participating in action.

I know it's stings but you made correct fold... I belive.
If I were in your shoes I propobly would have sweat for 10 minutes and call. But as always perception is everything. People very often make correct reads if they just observers not participating in action.

I think calling there the vast majority of the time will be incorrect. The few times you run into an odd line like Patty took won't make up for the times your opponents show you the nuts

I think calling there the vast majority of the time will be incorrect. The few times you run into an odd line like Patty took won't make up for the times your opponents show you the nuts
I agree. I would assume QJTx all day. I would never assume a loose-stationey player that suddenly shoves would ever be bluffing if I haven't seen it to that point. Even if I know you wouldn't assume many QJTx hands are worth raising early, I can see a lose player doing this with KQJT, QJT9, or any of the QJTx with a pair hands. (even though you have a partial block on QQJT specifically.)

Now that I have seen the "bluff" (thought I agree with your assessment, this was a misguided value bet in villain's mind) I would account for that and adjust by calling with the second nuts a little more often. But in this moment, having never seen a bluff/overvalued bet, I can't fault folding the effective second nuts here.

Just pair the board next time.

I agree. I would assume QJTx all day. I would never assume a loose-stationey player that suddenly shoves would ever be bluffing if I haven't seen it to that point. Even if I know you wouldn't assume many QJTx hands are worth raising early, I can see a lose player doing this with KQJT, QJT9, or any of the QJTx with a pair hands. (even though you have a partial block on QQJT specifically.)

Now that I have seen the "bluff" (thought I agree with your assessment, this was a misguided value bet in villain's mind) I would account for that and adjust by calling with the second nuts a little more often. But in this moment, having never seen a bluff/overvalued bet, I can't fault folding the effective second nuts here.

Just pair the board next time.

Or put a 9 on the river or something lol

Compare at 20:40 in your video to this:

at 17:01 in this video from Fidor on tells:

My analysis video is now up which will point out some previous hands played with Patty that led me to find the fold button on that last fateful hand

that sip of water would make me snap call..no joke......i used to take a drink everytime i tried to bluff

that sip of water would make me snap call..no joke......i used to take a drink everytime i tried to bluff
Usually that tell means the opposite actually. I would interpret a casual sip as a sign of usual business. Someone that is too scared to reach for the glass would make me more suspicious.

But I am just speaking about unknowns. Obviously different actions can mean different things to different people.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom