"Hammerin' Hank" Henry Arron RIP (1 Viewer)

TheBigTater

4 of a Kind
Supporter
Reaction score
Truly one of my heroes, in sports and in life. Always played and carried himself with grace. And will always be IMO the HR champ (not that bubble headed punk). Best I ever saw play, nothing but clutch, period. RIP #44.

AaronHenry1.jpg

https://www.cbs46.com/news/condolen...b-11eb-8df4-c789a7e3280c.html?block_id=994626

Agree. He’ll always be the HR champ. Class act on and off the field. My ‘67 Topps Hank Aaron, while not the cream of the crop as far as cards go, is a near and dear card to me :cool

Rest Easy

Last edited:
RIP

I had the honor of meeting Hank Aaron at a baseball card show back in the 80's. I went to tons of these things and most the guys signing didn't really care about the kids PAYING to get their autographs. In fact, Willie Mays didn't even say hi to me after I said hello, signed my ball and tossed it down the table where it rolled off onto the floor. I was a little kid and was devastated. Hank, on the other hand, took the time to say hello to me and my father and thanked US for wanting to meet him and get his autograph. We placed a 1956 Topps card in front of him. He looked up at us and laughed and said, "Who is that kid?!" What a great experience and may one of the greatest baseball players of all time RIP.

still have the card:

20210122_175848.jpg

What a great story @Big Jilm ! Those memories as kids stick with you. Hammerin Hank was not only the greatest homerun hitter (IMO) but seemed like a nice guy, and glad to hear that he was!

Still remember Cubs v Dodgers in LA. Chasing down autographs as a kid. Calling (pleading/yelling!) for Ernie Banks to sign the baseball that I got at the game. Limo took off.... Ernie stopped it... rolled down the window, signed the ball, and said here you go kid. Yep, those memories stick!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom