Wanted H-mold (H.C.E.) solids (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taghkanic

4 of a Kind
Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
74   0   0
This is a longshot, but I’m looking for some vintage H-mold solids (a/k/a H.C.E.s) for a milling project:

F2A87FAA-9C09-4662-B246-D292EB270269.jpeg

These would fill out an existing set (five colors at left). Two ideas for additional colors are at right, using CPC A-mold samples, but I’d contemplate other color options.

I can otherwise try to get some solids from CPC, but I notice their samples are very slightly thicker than this older set, so I figured it was worth a shot here. These don’t have much resale value, but they mill nicely...

True, but gotta work with what I already got.

For cash, the blacks and purple would not be in play much. Could go with a different shade of purple maybe.

But probably I’ll just design the inlays in a way that helps distinguish them.

I do also have a lighter green HCE, but in a smaller quantity.

I used to find these fairly often on eBay; I assembled about 1,300 as my first “real” set, prior to finding this forum.

Part of the problem is that the people who sell them often don’t know/use terms like H-mold, H.C. Evans, HCE or ASM. So the hunt is a little random. Have to just look for “vintage poker set” or “monogram clay chips” or the like. Have to wade through a ton of garbage.

And honestly I don’t know whether HCE even made these in many other colors besides what I already have. I’ve seen some goldish singles.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom