Gunnar / Pokerstore - OUT OF OFFICE

Gunnar

Straight
Site Vendor
Currently my wife is fighting with acute pancreatitis. We have been in the hospital since last monday. I did not want to overshade a great meet-up by having people worry on their way home.

My wife has been fighting sudden pains in over a year and finally the doctors have located where the pain is but now they have to find out why. She will have a surgery the following week hopefully, to look around and see if they find the cause. To be clear acute pancreatitis can be life threatning but we are over the danger face and everything will be good.

Im sorry but I will have to catch up on emails, PMs and outstanding orders as soon as I can. That includes the group buy card order.

Sorry to hear that Gunnar. A few years ago my wife had the exact same thing, shortly after the birth of our second child. After the surgery she made a full recovery but it was a very scary and challenging time for the whole family. Wishing your wife a successful and speedy recovery.

So sorry to hear this news. As others have said, family first. Wishing your wife a full and speedy recovery.

When I was 24 I spent 3 months in the hospital with pancreatitis. They couldn't find the reason either while I underwent every test under the sun as they went through the list of rarer and rarer causes. Daily ultrasounds, and fed through Total Parenteral Nutrition as they didn't want anything to go through my stomach. TPN is horrible and eventually burns out all your veins. Pancreatitis is incredibly painful, I had so many morphine shots in my ass, I eventually needed the shots as well to control the pain in my hips from all the bruising. To let the bruising heal, I was put on a constant morphine drip and almost became addicted. So I know how awful it is.

Eventually just like with your wife they gave up and just opened me up. Fortunately they found the simplest cause which was a gall stone stuck at the entrance to my pancreas, in a location where it couldn't be picked up by the ultrasounds. I was recovering and out of the hospital a few days after so hopefully it goes well for you.

Last edited:
Top Bottom