Guess these chips! (1 Viewer)

raynmanas

Full House
Reaction score
It'll be a few days before I know what these actually are, but I am interested in hearing your theories. I have no information other than this picture.

img.jpg

They could be anything ranging from super diamonds to used Paulsons.

I also put in a bid on these, but I hit the limit I was willing to gamble. I asked the auctioneer for more pictures, but I never got any. I hope they turn out to be something good.

I think that might just be dust on the top of the acrylic boxes.

this is part of the justification i used to convince myself. also the fact they are stored in trays with covers in the first place.

Also, that fluorescent orange at the top is not something you get often on really cheap chips like super diamonds.

Also, that fluorescent orange at the top is not something you get often on really cheap chips like super diamonds.

i assumed those were just plain red. they look orange to you?

I went back and forth as well. I wonder if it isn’t a mixed batch. The shiny black chips make me think plastic. The potential warping and somewhat chalky look of the greens make me think clay.

regardless those chip cases are abt $7/8 each.

You might have a mix. The boxes I associate with Super Diamonds, but of course you can stuff anything in there. Hopefully there are some nice slightly warped clays in there that you can easily fix.

I went back and forth as well. I wonder if it isn’t a mixed batch. The shiny black chips make me think plastic. The potential warping and somewhat chalky look of the greens make me think clay.

yep, had all the same thoughts. and there was only one way to find out.

When I placed my bid I was taking a chance they were BJ roulettes

Maybe hot stamped Paulson solids on suits mold? That would be huge! I do like the orange color and the warping, I don’t like the shine on the black chips.

Maybe hot stamped Paulson solids on suits mold? That would be huge! I do like the orange color and the warping, I don’t like the shine on the black chips.
That was my first thought too! However, the black chips look too dark and too heavily used to be those chips. They were charcoal, and the odds of a home game using the chips that heavily are very low.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom