Group Buy - SunFly 100% Plastic Cards - Interest Thread (1 Viewer)

How many set-ups would you be interested in?

• 1 set-up

• 2-3 set-ups

• 4-5 set-ups

• 5-10 set ups

• 10+ set-ups

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Geremie

Full House
Reaction score
I'm gauging interest for a group buy for semi-custom 100% plastic playing cards. I think we could be in the range of $10-15 per set-up.

Minimum order quantity for poker size is 144 per color (so essentially 144 set-ups if we want two colors and we do!).

Minimum order quantity for bridge size is 1000 (sounds like they need to do special runs for bridge so there is a set-up fee or higher minimum quantity).

I'm thinking that full custom would cost a fair bit in design fees so using stock pips and courts would make the most sense to keep costs down. Also, I don't want to use the swirl version so the Valentino series seems like the best option.

Pips.png

In terms of back design, we could piggy back off of the valentino design and just change the text (maybe to PNY or PCA)...or create a new design from scratch using a designer. I have reached out to @desjgn for this project and I think a custom back could be possible.

Back Design.png

Card Reviews:
https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/the-redneck-poker-card-database.52229/ (see post 59)
https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/sunfly-cards.51307/page-2

I think I'd want to keep it to 1 or 2 options (i.e. same design for both cards, but have different text on the back "PNY" vs "PCA").

Thoughts?

Also, if going with PCA and PNY, you may want to offer a basic design for others, but I wouldn't go too out of hand, things escalate quickly

Edit: Also poker sized jumbos

Last edited:
As far as back designs go, #1 and #2 make me want to vomit. I really dislike that style. #3 is better and #4 is awesome. I'm not married to either of them as an example, but anything in that family of damask works.

I'd be game for some PNY setups! Would prefer something custom instead of just changing the text, if you need some help with the design I've done a bunch of custom PNY stuff.

I'd be in for a couple of set ups, poker or bridge, but the bridge sized MOQ is going to be a very tall order to gain sufficient interest here.

Just my two cents; building the back design around a specific set of chips (PNY, PCA, et al) is great for those that have the chip sets but alienates at least 95% of your potential buyers. Making a custom design that's more universally applicable would garner more interest and would allow us to more likely meet the MOQ.

I'm a crazy card collector and am in for a couple of set ups regardless, but something to consider.

I'd be in for a couple of set ups, poker or bridge, but the bridge sized MOQ is going to be a very tall order to gain sufficient interest here.

Just my two cents; building the back design around a specific set of chips (PNY, PCA, et al) is great for those that have the chip sets but alienates at least 95% of your potential buyers. Making a custom design that's more universally applicable would garner more interest and would allow us to more likely meet the MOQ.

I'm a crazy card collector and am in for a couple of set ups regardless, but something to consider.

+1. I'm also a card collector, so I'm likely in regardless.

I wonder if you did some generic PCF back if we could get 200 people to order 5 setups each.
@Saoliver
I discussed an idea with @RocAFella1 a while back to run a big quantity of Star (Aurora/Empress/Pacific) cards through a custom Desjgn order. I think there would be plenty of demand and the logo is generic enough that folks without Star chips might still want them.

I haven’t even broached the subject with @Tommy, @Johnny5 or anyone else involved in the original GB/NAGB.

But if they were made as SunFly or Desjgn jumbo bridge, I’d be in for 40 or more set-ups myself!

My thought is if it isn’t a semi-custom design, why not just buy the stock decks and call it a day?

The reason why I picked PNY/PCA is that there are a lot of owners of those chips.

The thing I see holding this back is there are 4 different options (poker/bridge, standard/jumbo) and it’s minimum 144 for each...so it divides the group up too much.

It’s looking like we won’t even make it to 144 set-ups....far less the 1,000 for bridge

I'll bump my order to 4 set ups if it helps get it done. Vote in the poll changed.

I like full bleed so 1st or second design, preferably 2 Ascone, looks classy and different from Copag and Modiano full bleed cards

I'd be in for two sets as long as they are not the full bleed backs. I love the PIP size. I like either of the Valentino or Lucky Dragon backs. The idea of custom backs sounds nice, but how much does that add to the cost? Also, it's tough to get people to agree on artwork that appeals to them and is better than the standard backs. How about just custom PCF text on the Ace of spades if that doesn't add too much to the cost?

Just curious... How many sets I have to order for custom back?

For me, bridge jumbo. The dragon is pretty cool.
They're pretty nice cards, I'm not a fan of the pips being slightly difficult to identify because of graphics, but that likely would only be a problem for vision impaired and or drunk lol
Otherwise they feel great! A little slippery but not slide all over the place slippery, they shuffle well

Does anyone have samples of the Valentino versions? Does anyone know if the standard colors are blue and red? Based on the response here so far, I think it's time to officially take the bridge sized option off the table since we won't come anywhere near 1,000 set ups?

Only sample I got was the dragons. That was their first deck launch. Sunfly said that it’s just the design that different between the decks...card stock is the same.

I’m personally not running a bridge group buy at that minimum order quantity.

To be honest, even the 144 poker size is going to be very difficult.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom