Group Buy or Custom Poker Set from BR Poker?? (2 Viewers)

hchiu87

Waiting List
Reaction score
Hi guys!

I've been thrown into the deep end! It was only meant to be a small upgrade on my old plastic Amazon set.....

Then after hours and hours spent on Hobbyphilics and and Christopher.M and weeks on comparing China Clays, then Ceramics and then Clays from CPC! I feel like its never ending haha

Anyway back to the point.... I really like the look and sound of BR Poker chips for custom poker 43mm but they are going to cost me north of $1300 for 1200 chips, I then went onto group buys on this forum and realised they are buying 43mm Aria's chips at 0.50 cent per chip. They did not mention what type of chip they are buying in the comments but I assume they are decent replica's??

This will be my first proper set and don't mind spending $800 to $1500 for a set to play weekly with the guys with the hope in the future to get a cpc custom set.

Would be amazing if anyone could offer some advice.

That group buy you mentioned is for ceramics from Tina's. Tina is an Alibaba manufacturer. I am not going to say they are good or bad. I will say find a way to get your hands on samples of them first, and be prepared to wait FFOORREEVVEERR for those chips to get to group buy person since they are start in China, and wait again for the group buy to repackage yours and ship them to you.

Now BRPro, we know them and we love them. We don't love them because they are American and can get chips to us quickly. We love them because quality and customer service is second to none. Anyone here at PCF that likes ceramics has a set from BRPro, including me.

There are only two reasons to go to the group buy. Money and the design being offered. If you want top notch quality control, go to BRPro. If you want your chips this calendar year, go to BRPro. If you want a custom design and you don't want them selling your custom design to anybody and everybody, go to BRPro. If keeping cost down is not the first and foremost issue, go to BRPro. If you like pokerchipforum.com and want to give some business to a vendor who donated to help keep this site free to all of us who use it, go to BRPro.

In this world, you get what you pay for. Trust me. Go with BRPro.

(Don't get mad this is just a joke)

Wait a minute ....... Someone on PCF is advocating for the purchase of LESS CHIPS?!? Isn't that a violation of the TOS? :cool
I hear you…I just figured it might make the purchase from BRPro easier if it’s a little less $$.

BTW, I have a cash and tourney set from BRPro with chips and plaques. Love ‘em.

What games do you play, and how many players?
Are you sure you need 1,200 chips?
We play cash and tournaments but I’m very much in the camp of overbuying for every situation rather than get 1000 and not cover all bases knowing that I may need more in the future and worrying about chips being different colours than the first purchase.

(Don't get mad this is just a joke)

Wait a minute ....... Someone on PCF is advocating for the purchase of LESS CHIPS?!? Isn't that a violation of the TOS? :cool
I’m all about less chips, more diversity in sets.

Two different 500 chip CPC sets is better than one 1000 chip CPC set where half the chips will never be used.

Hi,

If budget allows and you’re on ceramics, I’d go to either :
- @BR Pro Poker for plain ceramics
- @SUN-FLY Poker Chips for ceramics with mold (PolyClay) or hybrids (PolyInno)

If you want 43mm only plain or hybrids are available at these 2 site vendors (PCF sponsors).

Customer support for these 2 vendors is also outstanding and they won’t hesitate to have several rounds of prototyping to make your chips exactly as you want.

Chips quality is also better (edge alignment, spinners, color accuracy for future addon, ...).

Another important note : they won’t steal your design for their own profit.

So if budget allows, avoid Alibaba and go with BRPro or SF.

Sure, moar chipes and all that, but assuming for 1 table, you’ll be perfectly fine with a 400 set for tournaments and 600-700 for cash. It’s nice to be able to cover for unexpected situations and for future proofing, but I would much rather get less chips of a great set than more chips of a good set.

Plus if you keep hanging out on the forum, in all likelihood, this will not be your final buy

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom