Group Buy Announcement

palmgaming

Sitting Out
Reaction score
I have been asked to let the members here know about a special group buy going on at chiptalk
We are making some really nice chips and the members here aer more then welcome to participate

Thanks
Joe

RichMahogany

4 of a Kind
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm glad the offer is being extended to PCF members as well.

Thanks Joe :)

- - - - - - - - - Updated - - - - - - - - -

Maybe post a link to the discussion as well?

p5woody

Flush
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cool, glad the word is getting out. The more they can sell the cheaper they will be :)

Trihonda

Straight Flush
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cool, glad the word is getting out. The more they can sell the cheaper they will be :)
Thats the ONLY reason I went from initially planning for 600 chips, to now a solid 1200 (possibly 1600). It's all about getting the price lowered. ;)

Trihonda

Straight Flush
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Amazing Group Buy Opportunity

Many, many of you also visit ChipTalk, but for those that don't, there's a current group but forming for some amazing chips, that mimic the WSOP chips... These Championship Poker Series chips are going to be an amazing $.25 each.

However, this epic group buy needs more interest to get off the ground. And since his GB isn't exclusive to CT, I wanted to make sure PCF members had this opportunity as well! Time is ticking...

Check out the following group buy order link for chip picks.

CPS ORDER LInk HERE

Mr. Cheese

Full House
Reaction score
Yes we need this to happen! I need a nice inexpensive tourney set!

Mr. Cheese

Full House
Reaction score
Was only going to order 600 to 700... but now I put my order in for 1k :)

p5woody

Flush
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm still trying to decide do I order blanks and add my own customized label or do I order with the CPS label. Decision Decisions

Here is a comparison between the original chip these were based on, new chip with the CPS label, and new chip with customized label.

compare2.jpg

links_slayer

4 of a Kind
Reaction score
Sounds like it's going to be 25c for labeled and 24c for blanks. IMO you might as well just order the labeled ones and if it turns out you don't like them you can remove the labels and go the semi-custom/modified label route.

CdnBeerLover

Full House
Reaction score
While I don't need another tourney set, I'm probably going to get in on this to get a cash set. Just have to decide on the cash chips, or to use the tourney chips. Probably the tourney to get the flexibility.

Decisions, decisions...

Mr. Cheese

Full House
Reaction score
Yeah I may someday put custom labels on them but for only a 1 cent break in price it doesn't hardly pay to not have the factory labels put on right away

RichMahogany

4 of a Kind
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There's been an update in the CPS custom label thread.

PGI *might* do a one time special offer for their(PGI) laminated labels using CPS artwork for 10 cents each.

Mr. Cheese

Full House
Reaction score
I'm on the fence with what to order mine with... especially if the pgi labels are only 10 cents each instead of 15 or 18 cents.
With some help from Woody here's a possibility for my custom labels. Decisions Decisions

RichMahogany

4 of a Kind
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm going with stock labels. If I end up selling them on the forums later, it'll be easier than if they had "My Name Tournament Poker, Anytown USA" on them.

I am however, thinking of changing the location to my city for my relabeled One Drop set.

Tommy

Royal Flush
Admin
Reaction score
Many, many of you also visit ChipTalk, but for those that don't, there's a current group but forming for some amazing chips, that mimic the WSOP chips... These Championship Poker Series chips are going to be an amazing $.25 each.

However, this epic group buy needs more interest to get off the ground. And since his GB isn't exclusive to CT, I wanted to make sure PCF members had this opportunity as well! Time is ticking...

Check out the following group buy order link for chip picks.

CPS ORDER LInk HERE
This is the same GB that PGI mentioned. The response I got about having the GB listed here as well was "the originators- they feel its a chiptalk group buy".
So it looks like it is exclusive per those few CT'ers. I guess they don't want PGI getting more orders elsewhere to keep the prices down. I'm allowing the linking because I want everyone to get the best price possible.

(thread was merged into the original PGI thread)

links_slayer

4 of a Kind
Reaction score
Obviously I don't know what Joe meant other than what he typed but if I had to guess I would say that he only wanted orders, questions, etc. posted in one place (ChipTalk). That is certainly understandable from a logistics standpoint, IMO.

lol @ being "exclusive"...just head over there and sign up for an account. 'taint rocket surgery.

palmgaming

Sitting Out
Reaction score
group buy

Obviously I don't know what Joe meant other than what he typed but if I had to guess I would say that he only wanted orders, questions, etc. posted in one place (ChipTalk). That is certainly understandable from a logistics standpoint, IMO.

lol @ being "exclusive"...just head over there and sign up for an account. 'taint rocket surgery.

since we are making these chips- and theyre being made for ONE reason- the love of poker- and affordable quality chips- this GB is really open to EVERYONE unles I am told otherwise. I think by doing it through chiptalk its a win-win for everyone- politics aside- so if you want to take advantage- just go on chiptalk and voice your order quantities-
ANYONE unles were told otherwise can order these chips- anywhere in the world- if youre not a chiptalk member you can certainly log on there and when the order thread opens soon- order them
but yes- its easier for us if we only have ONE thread to deal with as were busy and I dont get on ANY boards as often as I would like.

We still dont know if weve reached the 200k+ requirement so support rom this board is- honestly- needed--

THanks guys and gals
Joe

p5woody

Flush
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm still trying to decide do I order blanks and add my own customized label or do I order with the CPS label. Decision Decisions

Here is a comparison between the original chip these were based on, new chip with the CPS label, and new chip with customized label.

View attachment 651
After careful consideration, I think I am out

I was part of the original BLGOP GB because I was looking for a WSOP knockoff
for cheap. I liked the label design, the price was right, and I had flexibility
to buy labels and blanks to make my own combinations. The price was also cheap
enough I could add custom labels if I decided to do that.

I don't like the CPS design, I think it has gone too far away from the
original. I understand why changes were made but it just doesn't do it for me.
I also lost the flexibility to mix and match chips and labels. I was going to
buy blanks this time but the real value with these chips is getting them labeled
from the factory for 25 cents. The cost is raised significantly if I plan to
label them with PGI labels.

I hope this happens for everybody that is still interested.

atomiktoaster

Full House
Reaction score
I'll just mention here that the 2nd group buy for the CPS chips is currently open and looking for enough orders to make it worthwhile. I'm sure there are a few people here interested in a new set or adding on.

p5woody

Flush
Supporting Member
Reaction score
FYI - I changed my mind after writing the post above. I ended up getting both a tournament and cash set of chips. I really like the chips, the design is still just so so to me but they were cheap enough. Only small issue I have had is a few labels have come loose. If your looking for a cheap set of chips, these are hard to beat.

palmgaming

Sitting Out
Reaction score
Sorry for neglecting this forum- we did open up a 2nd GB on Chiptalk for the CPS chips- 31c ea but the 2nd demand has been slow so we are not sure if were gonna keep the thread open- we WILL Stock these chips both as blanks which can be custom printed- and as factory labeled chips-so no worries- it just would be less expensive to buy them under the 2nd GB if it happens.. the orig GB sold about 300,000 chips so we may have saturated the Chiptalk market on the initial GB. I'll try to get more info up on this thread as soon as time permits. Email me with any questions. Joe. sales@palmimports.com

Attachments

ACE'S FULL

Pair
Reaction score
Joe - Any chance we could get this 2nd GB off the ground? Looking to get 1000 chips.

RowdyRawhide

Full House
Reaction score
Gonna guess this after the ones that are around are gone that may be it for these. I believe there was a riff between the designer and PGI when it came to getting extras/other things made so my guess is PGI is done with CPS. (Unless they had something in agreement before on theCC chips)

I would guess blanks will still be around though

ACE'S FULL

Pair
Reaction score
Gonna guess this after the ones that are around are gone that may be it for these. I believe there was a riff between the designer and PGI when it came to getting extras/other things made so my guess is PGI is done with CPS. (Unless they had something in agreement before on theCC chips)

I would guess blanks will still be around though
Interesting as they are available on Apache and $0.10 cheaper than PGI. Just thought a GB could get a better price. Thanks for the info!

palmgaming

Sitting Out
Reaction score
Joe - Any chance we could get this 2nd GB off the ground? Looking to get 1000 chips.
we still have some chips available- when we ordered for the first GB we also ordered blanks AND factory printed labels so we can still fill some orders

Top Bottom