Gross angle at EPT Barcelona (1 Viewer)

Not just the angle but he was straight up trying to peep his cards as well as trying to induce the muck.

Is there a penalty for this type of action? It seems to me that there sure as shit should be, but it doesn’t appear that he was held accountable.

According to RRoP:
Your hand is declared dead if:
(a) You fold or announce that you are folding when facing a bet or a raise.
(b) You throw your hand away in a forward motion causing another player to act behind you (even if not facing a bet).
...other cases deleted....
So it would seem not a rule violation since it didn't induce action (although clearly almost did).

I have been playing the Barcelona EPT for 10 years and it is getting worse, too much people in the room, the good forms are over and the correct label is now full of rude eating snacks at the tables wearing sandals, even the last sesion I had a fat man next to me not showered to go down to play.

I have been playing the Barcelona EPT for 10 years and it is getting worse, too much people in the room, the good forms are over and the correct label is now full of rude eating snacks at the tables wearing sandals, even the last sesion I had a fat man next to me not showered to go down to play.
Should have offered him deodorant

I said nothing but the rec player on his left wrote this.:)

[IMG]https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/1147398700445995008/Xe_LGxei_bigger.jpg[/IMG][B]fernando pons[/B]‏ @[B]nandito1312[/B]
16 ago.

Si alguien me ve sentado en el CEP con la cara tapada y haciendo arcadas que no le extrañe, se ha sentado un tipo en la mesa que huele literalmente a mierda podrida. Joder que putos cerdos
1f621.png
que les costará pegarse una
1f6bf.png
antes de venir

"If someone sees me sitting in the CEP with their faces covered and making arcades that I don't miss, a guy has sat down at the table that literally smells like rotten shit. Fuck what fucking pigs it will cost them to stick one before they come"

Apparently I'm in the minority, I really don't care if someone does this. I have seen far worse many times and have learned not to act until the dealer has the cards. Same with chip waving, I don't move until everything is out of their hands. This probably due to all of the Bellagio shady characters I played with over the years. The Bellagio used to let players put all the chips over the line and only the chips that left the hand would count as the bet. You learn not to snap call or fold real quick. This is more of an old school shitty tactic that used to be more normal and is now frowned upon.

Although I don't care about it, I do agree that it is a really shitty thing to do. I personally never participate in these shenanigans. The poker world definitely has its black sheep and players need to learn to protect themselves in order to avoid these traps. Never move until a player drops their cards or chips, always ask the dealer when you are unsure, always protect yourself. When money is involved people do crazy things.

A punk move. Technically, he never takes his hands off the cards or clearly mucks them. However, he’s obviously moving toward the middle with the cards. IMO the dealer jumped the gun. Nevertheless, BUSH League play.

When Angleboy pushes his cards in preflop in the video, The AK player, who feels the hand is (about to be) over re-looks at his downcards. My thinking is that AK has made a habit of doing this, Angleboy NOTICED this habit, and Angleboy has put himself in a great physical position to view AK's Hand....

He is:
-slumped to almost card height
-pushed back from the table a bit
-actually LOOKING in that direction as he makes his slimeball maneuver.

This isn't just 1 angle to gauge a reaction, this is a double angle to actually see if he can see the cards as AK is 'relaxed' now that he thinks Angleboy has folded.

And this brings me to my question.

Both on TV poker and real-life, I have seen a lot of hands where Player A bets, player B folds, and then Player A LOOKS AT HIS OWN CARDS again before giving them to the dealer. ***WHY***? What is the impetus to re-look at one's hand After the hand is clearly over? If anyone here does that or knows a good (or bad) reason to do it, I'd be interested in hearing....

Both on TV poker and real-life, I have seen a lot of hands where Player A bets, player B folds, and then Player A LOOKS AT HIS OWN CARDS again before giving them to the dealer. ***WHY***?
To check if your pocket cards are the same rank and suit and thus the deck is fouled. It's much tougher to undo this after the pot has been added the your stack...

:rolleyes:

Both on TV poker and real-life, I have seen a lot of hands where Player A bets, player B folds, and then Player A LOOKS AT HIS OWN CARDS again before giving them to the dealer. ***WHY***? What is the impetus to re-look at one's hand After the hand is clearly over? If anyone here does that or knows a good (or bad) reason to do it, I'd be interested in hearing....

I noticed this trend after watching several poker shows where the pros did it, like High Stakes Poker or Poker After Dark...
Honestly, sometimes I think it was to make sure the lipstick cameras (no RFID back then) could catch the cards one last time for production issues.....but I really noticed Phil Ivey doing it a lot back in the day.....so of course when people see Phil doing it, they (the general poker playing public) all need to do it :cool

I noticed this trend after watching several poker shows where the pros did it, like High Stakes Poker or Poker After Dark...
Honestly, sometimes I think it was to make sure the lipstick cameras (no RFID back then) could catch the cards one last time for production issues.....but I really noticed Phil Ivey doing it a lot back in the day.....so of course when people see Phil doing it, they (the general poker playing public) all need to do it :cool

Well, that's a thought, but, 2 things....

1. I notice this LIVE quite a bit.
2. I don't think the tv guys are giving one single dingle of a thought to production value.

I honestly think it is just a (stupid) habit they picked up...especially after a bluff......they look at their cards after their opponents fold and think 'heh heh......I got him to fold with this crap....'

But I'm very interested to hear a reason from someone who consciously does this, and what their reason is.

When Angleboy pushes his cards in preflop in the video, The AK player, who feels the hand is (about to be) over re-looks at his downcards. My thinking is that AK has made a habit of doing this, Angleboy NOTICED this habit, and Angleboy has put himself in a great physical position to view AK's Hand....

He is:
-slumped to almost card height
-pushed back from the table a bit
-actually LOOKING in that direction as he makes his slimeball maneuver.

This isn't just 1 angle to gauge a reaction, this is a double angle to actually see if he can see the cards as AK is 'relaxed' now that he thinks Angleboy has folded.

And this brings me to my question.

This is an interesting question, I have found myself unconsciously re-checking my cards after my opponent has folded. This typically only happens preflop or more marginal spots where my desired outcome is a fold. Nothing has made me re-check my cards though, its just something I started doing inexplicably.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom