Greetings... (1 Viewer)

Hobie

Sitting Out
Reaction score
New here the past few month or so. My confession is that I look for poker chips for board games :wow: Crazy, I know. Yes, I have played poker in the past, but now, it's board games. There is a market out there if someone were to make a line of chips targeted to board gamers. Some have already, but I like the feel of real poker chips and have not been satisfied with any of the hybrid alternatives.

By the way, can someone direct me to a forum where there are instructions on how to remove chip labels?

Hello and welcome!

Many new members to this site also use poker chips for board games, so you're not as crazy as you think! I've sold chips to other people for exactly this purpose.
There are a few threads on "inlay removal" if you use those terms in a search. It takes patience and time to do this.

Welcome, a lot of folks are using Elite from Apache for board games

I just picked up some of the ABC Gifts V8 China Clays. Great deal. Unfortunatley, didn't have red or green so I'm looking around for those (preferably 75-100 of each). Does anyone know if they made a yellow chip in this line?

Hello and welcome to PCF, I am sure you'll find plenty of others on this forum that also use poker chips for board games.

I know that there are lots of Boardgamers in Germany buying horrible pokerchips for their games. And they would be happy to pay more for better quality chips. There might be a real big market for that.

Hello and Welcome! What kind of chips are best for board games? I guess a better question would be: what board games do you use chips for?

Welcome! Quite a few threads about removing labels. What type of chips are you removing from?

I just picked up some of the ABC Gifts V8 China Clays. Great deal. Unfortunatley, didn't have red or green so I'm looking around for those (preferably 75-100 of each). Does anyone know if they made a yellow chip in this line?

Haha! This is great question! @SeanGecko :D

@Hobie, I should explain my reaction to your question about the yellow 8v’s. It was a running joke during last year’s 8v madness, that @ABC Gifts and Awards didnt have any yellows. Yellow 8v’s do exist, but good on you if you can get your hands on some.

@Hobie, I should explain my reaction to your question about the yellow 8v’s. It was a running joke during last year’s 8v madness, that @ABC Gifts and Awards didnt have any yellows. Yellow 8v’s do exist, but good on you if you can get your hands on some.

Got it. I thought it was something along those lines. I couldn't find any yellow anywhere online so I assumed they were near impossible to get...

@SeanGecko was especially kind in his welcome as we were both into the 8Vs :)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Back
Top Bottom