Greetings PCF people (1 Viewer)

Omar65

Two Pair
Reaction score
Hi! Glad to have found this forum. I’m an ancient lurker from way back, in the Chiptalk days. Was in on the Pharoah’s group buy back then, the ultimately got some custom ASM’s, cash and tourney sets. Man, it’s been a long time. I recall the online weekly? tournaments we had on PokerStars, lots of fun back in the days.
Life went on, I’ve moved around, got divorced, the home game has ebbed and flowed, but I’m fairly settled these days with a good monthly game. Need to change out my felt on my table though. Started way back with SSC, didn’t love the feel of it after awhile. Switched to velveteen from YAT. It’s been great, feels soft, cards slide well, handles wear and tear really well. But time for a change.
Seems YAT only had purple velveteen so found another supplier, American Gaming Supply. Anyone have experience with this cloth?
Also, it’s been awhile but I stapled both cloths way back when. I’ve found a couple vids, including one on here by TChan just using 3M77 and a few staples and it looks way easier. Question: can I use 3M77 on velveteen type cloth? Will it bleed through?
I know, I probably should have searched on here first. Hope I’m not committing some rookie faux paux here. Anyway, thanks in advance for any feedback. It’s nice to actually be posting on a poker chip forum again. Peace.
-Paul

Welcome! Please share some pr0n of your sets and customs! Also, we still have recurring daily tournaments on pokerstars here! As far as the tables go I dont have much insight on that but there are quite a few members here, including TChan that can help you! @Irish is definitely knowledgeable on this subject!

Cheers!

Welcome!

Seems YAT only had purple velveteen so found another supplier, American Gaming Supply. Anyone have experience with this cloth?
Also, it’s been awhile but I stapled both cloths way back when. I’ve found a couple vids, including one on here by TChan just using 3M77 and a few staples and it looks way easier. Question: can I use 3M77 on velveteen type cloth? Will it bleed through?

No experience with that particular material, but in general, you're not using the 3M 77 spray to glue the cloth to the foam, but rather just kind of hold it in place. It still needs to be stapled down. Spray a very light amount, just enough to get a bit tacky so the cloth doesn't move around. You don't want to get the cloth too wet with adhesive.

Welcome!

No experience with that particular material, but in general, you're not using the 3M 77 spray to glue the cloth to the foam, but rather just kind of hold it in place. It still needs to be stapled down. Spray a very light amount, just enough to get a bit tacky so the cloth doesn't move around. You don't want to get the cloth too wet with adhesive.
Ahh thank you. I’ve watched TChan’s video a couple times and see that he does staple the cloth after applying the adhesive and smoothing it down to the foam. But the difference was he used just a few staples and didn’t really pull that hard to get the felt really tight. That seems much easier than how I’ve done it in the past and way fewer staples! I’m gonna give it a try and see how it goes:)

Ahh thank you. I’ve watched TChan’s video a couple times and see that he does staple the cloth after applying the adhesive and smoothing it down to the foam. But the difference was he used just a few staples and didn’t really pull that hard to get the felt really tight. That seems much easier than how I’ve done it in the past and way fewer staples! I’m gonna give it a try and see how it goes:)

Correct, it doesn't need to be stapled like a rail, a staple every ~3" or so should be more than enough.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Back
Top Bottom