Greetings from the Great White North (1 Viewer)

Saintfoo

High Hand
Supporter
Reaction score
Hello all!

I was a PCF and chiptalk lurker years ago. I fell in love with the Samurai Palace chips and through a stroke of dumb luck was able to acquire a set locally. I remember my friends and family thinking I was crazy as I went on a hunt for mineral oil and a shoe polish kit.

Life happened and time passed, then I came across my old set and wondered if anybody even still cared about chips anymore. I came back and was excited to find the chipper community still thriving. This place is insane! And I want in!

So hello from Canada! And thank you for reading my introduction.

Glad you found your way here.
We are pretty fortunate to have a number of Edmonton area members.
The more knuckleheads the better.

Hello, welcome back! I share your love for the Samurai Palace chips. But, unlike you I have not been able to get my hands on one yet so congrats on that!!

Thanks for the warm welcome everybody!

Hello, welcome back! I share your love for the Samurai Palace chips. But, unlike you I have not been able to get my hands on one yet so congrats on that!!
I got pretty lucky years ago on that one for sure. The set is a little bit schizophrenic with chip distribution so I'm hoping to add to it. From what I've seen in the classifieds that may be a bit of challenge though, hahaha.

word to your mother
She says word back Mike.

Thanks for the warm welcome everybody!

I got pretty lucky years ago on that one for sure. The set is a little bit schizophrenic with chip distribution so I'm hoping to add to it. From what I've seen in the classifieds that may be a bit of challenge though, hahaha.
Yeah, 1k and 5$ chips are near impossible. Think I'm going to have to offer double market value for every other denom to get someone to part with them, however probably worth it for samurais.

Welcome! I was fortunate to get a sample set of those same chips recently

1B8BF330-B4F9-4093-8941-AD7CD12432D8.jpeg

Beauties!

I don't have any fracs or NCVs in my set, hopefully I can stumble across some on here.
Do you have a set? If so, we could work out a deal for a rack of fracs for some 5 or 1K chips, DM me if there is some interest. Don't have any NCV's sorry.

Do you have a set? If so, we could work out a deal for a rack of fracs for some 5 or 1K chips, DM me if there is some interest. Don't have any NCV's sorry.
I've seen a couple pictures of your 1Ks and I think they might be a different color than mine.
It may just be the lighting, or the fact that mine could use an oil, but I don't think so.

SP 1k.jpg

BCC color consistency FTW...

And I dunno what salt water reef keeping is, but it sounds expensive.

I've seen a couple pictures of your 1Ks and I think they might be a different color than mine.
It may just be the lighting, or the fact that mine could use an oil, but I don't think so.

View attachment 847406

BCC color consistency FTW...

And I dunno what salt water reef keeping is, but it sounds expensive.
Not sure, BCC color consistency sure isn't great. I haven't oiled mine though. If you want to part with those, message me.

As to reef keeping, here is an older, but amazing reef to give you an idea. https://reefbuilders.com/2015/03/12/masanao-shibuyas-sps-reef-tank-bordering-perfection/

If you think 5K mirrorless cameras with 3K lens are expensive, well reef keeping will put it to shame.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Back
Top Bottom