Greetings from Tallahassee! (1 Viewer)

Samoth311

Pair
Reaction score
Hello all.

As the title says, I'm a new member from Tallahassee. Although I made my informal introduction on the table build thread, I wanted to properly introduce myself here as well.

Like many, I got into poker during college in the early 2000's. I played a good bit in undergraduate but played a good bit less while in law school at FSU. I mostly turned to online poker for lack of a regular live game. After losing a modest amount to the inter-webs on Black Friday, that was the end of poker for me except for an occasional home game.

After COVID, a group of old college friends, including @BamaT8ter, fired up a weekly Zoom game using the Pokerrrr 2 app. I didn't realize how much I missed the game. We play between one and three times a week, often with a full ring. Nothing big, just a .25/.50 game and we settle up over Venmo. It's not live poker, but it's way better than anonymous online poker for play money. We drink, tell stories, and play poker. It's great. We're all over the county and, after doing this for a while, we decided to plan a weekend meet-up in Atlanta early next year. This snowballed into me building the table, which led me here.

With my table complete, I now need chips! I've grabbed a large set of Laurel Crowns from the classifieds on this site as a starter cash game set. I've got some samples coming, but I'm going to take my time building out something nicer. I don't know if I'll stay with ceramics (I love the bright colors and "pop") or let BamaT8ter convince me that only Paulson's are the way to go. We shall see. I've also ordered my first set of real cards (Copag's, bring the hate). I'm excited to have a real set-up to host a live game...and hopefully get something local started.

Anyway, glad to be here. I'll see you around.

Hey! CPC/ASMs, TRKs, and BCCs work too. I’m not a total jerk (just a mostly jerk).

Nothing big, just a .25/.50 game and we settle up over Venmo. It's not live poker, but it's way better than anonymous online poker for play money.
Amen to that! Poker Mavens 2x a week along with sinking about $10k on PCF has kept me sane during lockdown.

That is some epic table build! You're going to need some buttery leaded Paulson THC chips to go on that bad boy...

Hello all.

As the title says, I'm a new member from Tallahassee. Although I made my informal introduction on the table build thread, I wanted to properly introduce myself here as well.

Like many, I got into poker during college in the early 2000's. I played a good bit in undergraduate but played a good bit less while in law school at FSU. I mostly turned to online poker for lack of a regular live game. After losing a modest amount to the inter-webs on Black Friday, that was the end of poker for me except for an occasional home game.

After COVID, a group of old college friends, including @BamaT8ter, fired up a weekly Zoom game using the Pokerrrr 2 app. I didn't realize how much I missed the game. We play between one and three times a week, often with a full ring. Nothing big, just a .25/.50 game and we settle up over Venmo. It's not live poker, but it's way better than anonymous online poker for play money. We drink, tell stories, and play poker. It's great. We're all over the county and, after doing this for a while, we decided to plan a weekend meet-up in Atlanta early next year. This snowballed into me building the table, which led me here.

With my table complete, I now need chips! I've grabbed a large set of Laurel Crowns from the classifieds on this site as a starter cash game set. I've got some samples coming, but I'm going to take my time building out something nicer. I don't know if I'll stay with ceramics (I love the bright colors and "pop") or let BamaT8ter convince me that only Paulson's are the way to go. We shall see. I've also ordered my first set of real cards (Copag's, bring the hate). I'm excited to have a real set-up to host a live game...and hopefully get something local started.

Anyway, glad to be here. I'll see you around.
don't overlook a nice matsui set as well!

Welcome to the forums.

Hello and welcome! You’ll love it here!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Back
Top Bottom