Greetings from Poland! (1 Viewer)

bszczyt

Pair
Reaction score
Hello all PCF users, Bart here!

Long time poker player and enthusiast, currently trying to make a living out of online poker.

Few years ago I used to play with my buddies basicly every week. Now, one guy moved out of the city, another one got married, 3rd guy moved to US, some went broke ;D you get the point. Nowadays I usually play at some home games from time to time, but I would like to have some poker chips on my own. I used to have 500pcs case of Monte Carlo chips (14g,40mm/3,4mm picture in attachment) but through the years some got broken, lost some, plus I messed up on local tournament and mixed them with some cheap asian counterfeits, so I decided to sell the case and buy new chips. Not necesarly looking for high-end custom ceramic chips for now, just some solid, good quality chips I can use for few years.

In Poland there is absolutely no good online poker shop. Hard to find a good one in Europe aswell. The most interesting chips I found so far are 'Showdown Club' clay chips on pokershop.de. I really like their desing and colours, there are also close by weight to the chips I had. Bought 20 psc to check if I would like them. They seem solid and good enough for me, since I don't play that often anymore. As a bad thing they shuffle pretty hard, some of the chips have sharp edges and they collect dirt quite easily. Plus the pricing is quite high comparing to US sites. I don't have a strict budget but I don't like to pay more for a product I can find cheaper elswhere.

I'm very open on any suggestions/recomendations. I am new to PCF so obviously I will search through forum for some tips, but feel free to leave a comment. Maybe some ppl from Poland/eastern EU had similar case.

Thank you in advance,
have a great day
Bart

Attachments

• pfu_2064_1356101539227_n.jpg
    pfu_2064_1356101539227_n.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 88
I had pretty similar EU experience here, bought 2 racks of samples from pokershop.de, and I think some of the china clays (like those showdowns) were pretty nice! Though I finally ended up buying a set of Paulson chips from Chiproom sale, and I've been super happy with those. If you're not in a hurry, there might be some sales for black Friday in 2 months (I think previously Chiproom has had those, but I guess nobody knows how this year is).

But then again if you're happy with the showdowns, you should totally go with those and not browse this forum, your wallet will thank you :D

Thank you all for warm welcoming!

@allforcharity no rush, I will take my time to do some searching :)
@Coyote small/medium stakes MTTs + shooting some higher events during COOP series etc
@surfik no siema ;)
@Retris price is not the isue, but obviously good offers are welcome, so I might do as you suggested - do some searching and try to snipe some bargains during BF or sale. still not entirely convinced to Showdown chips, but they are def some good alternative in case I don't find anything better.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Back
Top Bottom