Greetings from New Jersey (1 Viewer)

gmansbu

Pair
Reaction score
Just joined the forum. Search the interweb for cool chips for my home game and stumbled upon this forum. Never realized there was a community dedicated to chips. Can’t wait to waste some money and get some cool stuff.

Hello and welcome!!
S Jersey here!

Now I gotta start researching and find my first set to buy. Can’t decide how serious to go with my first set. Do you play with the better chips or collect the better chips? Mine will mostly be used for play.

Now I gotta start researching and find my first set to buy. Can’t decide how serious to go with my first set. Do you play with the better chips or collect the better chips? Mine will mostly be used for play.
The only way I can help you answer that is to know what your budget is. Do you play mostly cash games or tournaments? Both?

If I were to do it over, I'd have gotten the better quality stuff first rather than waste time and money with china clays or slugged chips. No other reason to buy chips than to put them into play. No use in letting them sit on the shelf just to look pretty.

Welcome from just down route 24 and 78!

I don’t really have a budget per se. Especially if I find something cool and special. Ideally I would spend under 2k.

Right now we play with a cheap set with around 500 chips. We mostly use 1s & 5s with some 25s. I would like to have a few larger chips just so I have room to expand if the games get more expensive. We also usually play with around 6-10 guys. I’m assuming 500 chips give or take would do the job.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Back
Top Bottom