Greetings from Iowa (2 Viewers)

zo121179

Straight
Reaction score
Been following a few channels on youtube for a few years and playing poker for 15. I'm getting into the hobby of customizing chips. Not a whole lot of local play around here so I'm looking for other low stake players and poker chips enthusiasts in the central Iowa region.

Thanks--ZO

Norwalk, Most of my neighbors and co-workers either don't play or only do tourneys. I'm not opposed to tournaments but I'm looking to mix it up a bit. I want to start a .25/.50 mixed game on Thursday night. No interest at all from what I've seen.

Norwalk, Most of my neighbors and co-workers either don't play or only do tourneys. I'm not opposed to tournaments but I'm looking to mix it up a bit. I want to start a .25/.50 mixed game on Thursday night. No interest at all from what I've seen.

Color me interested.

I'm in the process of converting "tourney" people to my cash game. These are people that would drop $20-40 on a home tournament or two in an evening, so I designed my game so that on a very bad night, that's how much they would lose at a cash game. Then I added the benefits to the discussion, that they can arrive whenever, leave whenever, and when it is their turn to choose, play whatever their favorite poker game is (as long as it's on the list). I also added a cap to each pot, so you can't lose everything you've won in one big bet hand. I think people are going to like it, and nobody told me flat out no to being put on the mailing list for the game. If people are used to $20 or $40 tournaments, I think it would be difficult to get them immediately interested in a game where a bad night costs you $100-200.

Getting started will be the hardest part, then after you get a few regs, word of mouth and the sometimes-available-sometimes-not players will fill the rest of the game. My first session had three players (three others I KNOW would have been there were on summer vacation), and even with that few players, there was still plenty of action and plenty of games to choose from, pineapple OFCP being the best.

My formative years were spent in Perry, not far from Waukee or Norwalk. It's been a long time since I've been back to Iowa, but there is a reunion in summer 2019 brewing. A crapton of my former classmates are in the area. Des Moines, Ankeny, Waukee, etc.

Go Hawks and Clones (as long as they aren't playing Purdue)!

@FDLmold

My wife is from Jefferson. I go through Perry almost every time we head to see her family. Her sister's wedding reception was held at the Hotel Pattee, which was newly renovated at the time.

I have a facebook page started for just such events for planning games, outings that wouldn't involve poker (get together type things because we're new to the area and don't have many friends) Not sure how to link it. just copy and paste the link?

I would connect privately with people, it is not a good idea to put your personal information out indiscrinately.

Welcome :)

Graduated from Fort Madison ( In southeast corner of Iowa)

Everyone should take a road trip to Grand Forks :) North Dakota

My Best Jeff

Welcome :)

Graduated from Fort Madison ( In southeast corner of Iowa)

Everyone should take a road trip to Grand Forks :) North Dakota

My Best Jeff

Sweet! I'm originally from Bellevue (near Dubuque), but I live in Burlington now.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Back
Top Bottom