Greetings from Indianapolis! (1 Viewer)

AllHoosier

3 of a Kind
Supporter
Reaction score
Hello! I live in Indianapolis, IN. I have a longtime passion for sports and recently rekindled passion for poker. I played often in my 20's, somewhat frequently in my 30's, and decidedly less now in my early 40's. I came across this forum a couple of weeks ago and have started down into this rabbit hole! I figure I've lurked enough and it's time to make myself official.

I'm interested in learning -- about chips, about chipping, and about this forum. First the knowledge, then the chips. :) I've ordered various samples and can't wait to get them.

Anybody here from Indianapolis?

Cheers

There are a few of us Hoosiers around here. I'm in northern Indiana. Welcome! It will be good to get more good chips into our state.

Not from Indy, but I used to constantly be there with Colts season tickets, the Big Ten BBall Tourney, etc... I can always find time to try another 5 long island flavors at Kilroy's.

Born and raised there. Tech area until age 12, then a westsider (Ben Davis) until college. Moved to Michigan afterwards for 10 years, then finally made it down here to the Atlanta area and a warmer climate.

Welcome! You'll find plenty around here to keep you busy for awhile.

Are you seeking cash chips or tournament chips??

Likely both, but the tournament chips are the 1st priority. Probably 500 chips in a breakdown something like this . . . 200 x T25, 200 x T100, 40 x T500, 40 x T1000, and 20 x T5000.

Buying cash chips seems so much more exciting to me though. So I'm not ruling out buying them first if something grabs me. :D

Likely both, but the tournament chips are the 1st priority. Probably 500 chips in a breakdown something like this . . . 200 x T25, 200 x T100, 40 x T500, 40 x T1000, and 20 x T5000.

Buying cash chips seems so much more exciting to me though. So I'm not ruling out buying them first if something grabs me. :D
Oh goody! I always love hearing both!!!! That means we can likely convince you to buy 2 of each :p

Hello and welcome!

My only experiences with Indianapolis have been driving through or around it on my way to meetups in Louisville. But it looked nice, from what I could see.

Born and raised there. Tech area until age 12, then a westsider (Ben Davis) until college. Moved to Michigan afterwards for 10 years, then finally made it down here to the Atlanta area and a warmer climate.

Welcome! You'll find plenty around here to keep you busy for awhile.
Holy crap you are from Ben Davis?? I worked walking distance from there for 4 years. And lived just a couple miles away. That area has changed a ton since you probably have been there.

Hello! I live in Indianapolis, IN. I have a longtime passion for sports and recently rekindled passion for poker. I played often in my 20's, somewhat frequently in my 30's, and decidedly less now in my early 40's. I came across this forum a couple of weeks ago and have started down into this rabbit hole! I figure I've lurked enough and it's time to make myself official.

I'm interested in learning -- about chips, about chipping, and about this forum. First the knowledge, then the chips. :) I've ordered various samples and can't wait to get them.

Cheers
Lived in castleton for a bit then Avon for some years.

Not from Indy, but spent most of my adult life there. Had some family in Zionsville, lived in Carmel for awhile figuring things out while bartending, met my wife and moved out to Fishers where my two kids were born. Wife’s family is old farming family out towards New Castle.

Just sold the Fishers house and moved away about a month ago, but we’ll be back regularly! Welcome here!

Mannnn I tried and no one was responding. NOW all the Indy chippers want to join!

lol, I’m in if it’s in late feb right after SQM, early June, or sometime before holidays in Nov/Dec.
You're going to SQM?

Haha I definitely read it as YOURE going to SQM???? And then literally chuckled out loud.

but yeah, wife was kind of enough to push me to take time off from the kids and get out there.
Lol nope no feelings on the matter was just curious, have some friends going as well

Only been on here about a year. Feb. no good for me but definitely have to consider one of the other times!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Back
Top Bottom