Greetings from Houston (1 Viewer)

HTXNine

Sitting Out
Reaction score
Hello all. New member here from Houston, TX. I wanted to introduce myself, get my first post under my belt and let you know I'm looking forward to participating in this forum.

Now that my three boys are old enough for, and interested in, poker games, I was looking for a nice set of chips for home games when I stumbled across Poker Chip Forum and realized that there were a lot of nice sets of poker chips that I may need.

I have browsed here over the last couple of months and have learned a lot about what to look for and how to put a set together. After gaining so much from this site, I wanted to take the plunge and become a member.

Thanks in advance for the hospitality.

Thanks guys. Gonna be a sponge here for a while but really hope to contribute in the future.

This feels addicting.

Welcome to the forum! Great to hear you're boys enjoy playing too, hope you find a great set for you and your family!

@Ethan, oh I'm sure. I've already got a list going.

What part of Houston are you in? I'm in Spring Branch (Bunker Hill and I-10).

And, what can you tell me about Post Oak Poker Club?

@Mangatang, thank you and I'm sure the wallet will take several hits.

@FordPickup92, appreciate that.

I see you're from MD. My oldest son goes to school in Baltimore and started playing poker after taking a winter term course at Hopkins on poker.

https://hub.jhu.edu/2020/01/30/avi-rubin-poker-2499-em1-art1-nr-students/

@FordPickup92, thanks for the offer. I'll get him hooked up on PCF and have him reach out to you. They have been off-campus since last March but he is expecting to be back in Baltimore for the spring semester. He's still on my payroll so be kind.

@MrCatPants, thank you sir. I was just talking to @Ethan about some games around Houston and your name came up.

@FordPickup92, thanks for the offer. I'll get him hooked up on PCF and have him reach out to you. They have been off-campus since last March but he is expecting to be back in Baltimore for the spring semester. He's still on my payroll so be kind.

@MrCatPants, thank you sir. I was just talking to @Ethan about some games around Houston and your name came up.
Yeah, I do host a couple times a month under normal circumstances. Right now I've had to move my game all online though.

Sounds great! And no worries, we can keep the stakes quite reasonable! Alot of our friends and family games are $10-$20 buy in. Our other local home games we like to attend (from other PCFers in the area) range from $40-$100 for the tourneys and $20-$100 for the cash games. Hopefully by spring we will be have a bit more flexibility with play schedules as we all continue to pray covid will take a back seat soon!

Welcome! Glad to see another Houstonian. I'm up the Humble / Atascocita area. @Av8tion is nearby too, and occasionally hosts some games up here. There's a thread somewhere for Houston area games. I'll look for it and tag you if you haven't already seen it.

Welcome! Glad to see another Houstonian. I'm up the Humble / Atascocita area. @Av8tion is nearby too, and occasionally hosts some games up here. There's a thread somewhere for Houston area games. I'll look for it and tag you if you haven't already seen it.
I would appreciate that. I have not run across it yet but would be very interested. It will be nice to be able to start gathering again.

Thanks @PokerDots, I did a fair amount of damage in @TheChipRoom Black Friday Sale last week. It is so nice to have "legitimate" chips to throw on the felt.

Have been mesmerized by all the sets that come up for sale here. There are some incredible sets.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Back
Top Bottom