Greetings from Finland! (1 Viewer)

Retris

Sitting Out
Reaction score
This forum has been an absolute pleasure even for lurking, as there is so much high quality pics of everything, but I think it's about time I made an account too!

I'm not much of poker player as I only do garage games with friends couple of times a year, but I've always been fascinated by poker chips. Even the cheapo dice chips were big fun when I first got them like 15 years ago, and I though now I could start looking for a proper set.

Also I noticed that there is time to time classifieds from EU too, I realized that I need an account to get even a remote chance to snag them :D

I'm intrigued by the exclusive atmosphere surrounding Paulsons, and I'm currently trying to procure my first samples of those, and then see if I would be ok with just some lesser chips. I guess at least my wallet is hoping that they would not feel too different from china clays :D

Welcome aboard! Getting samples is a good approach. There are other real clay chips than Paulsons to consider as well, like CPC (formerly ASM), BCC and TRK chips. I own or have owned sets from those manufacturers, and they are all in another league compared to China clays. Personally I think Paulsons are overhyped and I only own a few singles of them now, but YMMV.

Also I really like high end plastics, some people are into ceramic chips. So there are certainly plenty of options to spend your hard-earned on. :LOL: :laugh:

This forum has been an absolute pleasure even for lurking, as there is so much high quality pics of everything, but I think it's about time I made an account too!

I'm not much of poker player as I only do garage games with friends couple of times a year, but I've always been fascinated by poker chips. Even the cheapo dice chips were big fun when I first got them like 15 years ago, and I though now I could start looking for a proper set.

Also I noticed that there is time to time classifieds from EU too, I realized that I need an account to get even a remote chance to snag them :D

I'm intrigued by the exclusive atmosphere surrounding Paulsons, and I'm currently trying to procure my first samples of those, and then see if I would be ok with just some lesser chips. I guess at least my wallet is hoping that they would not feel too different from china clays :D
Welcome! hyvä nähdä toinen suomalainen täällä :)

Welcome aboard! Getting samples is a good approach. There are other real clay chips than Paulsons to consider as well, like CPC (formerly ASM), BCC and TRK chips. I own or have owned sets from those manufacturers, and they are all in another league compared to China clays. Personally I think Paulsons are overhyped and I only own a few singles of them now, but YMMV.

Also I really like high end plastics, some people are into ceramic chips. So there are certainly plenty of options to spend your hard-earned on. :LOL: :laugh:
Ooh this sounds like a good avenue to investigate too, thanks for the idea! With quick googling CPC seems to be the only one whose chips I can directly buy as a retail customer (from their website), right?

The custom chip options CPC give seem pretty interesting as well, something I didn't think was possible before!

@Retris Indeed CPC is the only clay manufacturer that will sell to retail now. Paulson will not, although some have been able to circumvent that... BCC and TRK are no more. If going CPC, I 100% recommend getting custom chips over stock sets. If you put a lot of thought and work into them, I'm sure you'll love them more than any other set that you could buy. I've got two custom ASM sets, The Coconut Club and Siam Imperia. CPC sells mold and color sample sets, if you wish to check those out.

Welcome!
Ari Vatanen, and most importantly Juha Kankunen have been the most famous and adored compatriots of yours here, due to the Acropolis Rally.

Chips-wise, CPC is the most rational option.
Make sure you don't like any of their off-the-shelf sets (including the Key Wests, sold by a separate and also very respectable vendor here) before you embark on customised ones.
If you do, there is going to be lots of help and ideas.
People here, including of course myself, love to design chips with other people's money. :)

@Retris Indeed CPC is the only clay manufacturer that will sell to retail now. Paulson will not, although some have been able to circumvent that... BCC and TRK are no more. If going CPC, I 100% recommend getting custom chips over stock sets. If you put a lot of thought and work into them, I'm sure you'll love them more than any other set that you could buy. I've got two custom ASM sets, The Coconut Club and Siam Imperia. CPC sells mold and color sample sets, if you wish to check those out.
Those are some sweet sets you've got!
Just ordered samples also from CPC to see how it compares to some Paulson samples I ordered earlier.

Welcome!
Ari Vatanen, and most importantly Juha Kankunen have been the most famous and adored compatriots of yours here, due to the Acropolis Rally.

Chips-wise, CPC is the most rational option.
Make sure you don't like any of their off-the-shelf sets (including the Key Wests, sold by a separate and also very respectable vendor here) before you embark on customised ones.
If you do, there is going to be lots of help and ideas.
People here, including of course myself, love to design chips with other people's money. :)

Those group B rally times sure seem like crazy stuff :D

The custom chips area of the forum seems to have lots of good stuff on this, this is going to take me ages to sift through

This sample set game is pretty cool, got some samples of some "easily commercially available" chips from pokershop.de which seems to be ok vendor here in Europe, and grabbed some Cincinnati Jacks from Chiproom, and I gotta say I now totally understand the Paulson hype :D

The sharp edges on Paulsons have really nice feeling to them, but other than that Majestic's don't feel too shabby either, so might think about set of those just for sake of easiness. Also still waiting for CPC samples to see if I fall in love with them.

Also I need to post pics, right?

B68802B0-A73F-4069-A5C8-3B92CC854322.jpeg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Back
Top Bottom