greetings from Berlin (1 Viewer)

caz2k

Reaction score
Hi all,

just a short introduction from myself.
I learnt about this forum of the Hobbyphilic youtube channel, which was a great help when selecting a new set.
My regular round is not really into chips, so mostly we use some laser, or dice chips.
I was always interested in higher quality chips.
I collected a whole lot of ample sets over the past few years, but it´s hard to get some good chips here in europe if you don´t want to spend like 1$ or more per chip.
so i recently bought a 800 pharao china clays from apache. adding about 170$ on shipping and customs.
but as they arrived i am satisfied to have now a good chip set and i think my regular gaming round will learn to like the better chip quality.

so i am looking forward to some discussions about quality, chip caring and other poker stuff.

as mentioned in the title i am from Berlin, Germany and 34 years old.

Welcome to an awesome community!

China Clays are a great start into quality chip area and I bet your regular round will sooner or later appreciate the improvement over any laser or dice chips you may currently use. I used the very first Chiproom Dunes CC's in my round from 2008 to 2011 and people loved them. The vibrant colours of (China) Clays are simply unmatched.

As you've already discovered shipping and 19% taxes do make premium chips an even more expensive hobby for us Europeans. It also doesn't help that - compared to the time around 2010 - (clay) chip supply has dried out quite a bit and prices increased accordingly.

Stay with us and in a few years you'll either love or hate this place - possibly both ;)

Welcome!
As you may have realized already, every European chipper should have at least one close friend / relative / colleague in the US, flying frequently to Europe:D

Welcome - there are also a few other members here from germany @anstossfreak @5aces .. I live in Göttingen

Hello from NRW. I live close to Düsseldorf.

Great forum. Lot of action in the classifieds. Take your time before you buy huge sets, because shipping and customs might make it hard to resell them without loss if you decide to change your mind...

Good luck!

Welcome - there are also a few other members here from germany @anstossfreak @5aces .. I live in Göttingen

Hi from Saxonia. I live in Dresden!

A fantastic forum! You can find great chips or greats sets in the classifieds but as already written it is not cheap to pay the shipping costs to Europe and the import sales tax at customs. Sometimes combined shipping for more than one european buyer can save some costs.

Enjoy the feeling to play with higher quality chips! :D

If you have any questions please ask...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Back
Top Bottom